fl2100b

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by W2PPJ, Nov 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Would you be willing to drive it to Cortland NY?

WA7PRC likes this.
  2. W2PPJ

W2PPJ Ham Member QRZ Page

most certainly cortland county is where hunting camp is.

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, in the near future a ham in Cortland NY is coming down to pick up an amp that I'm working on for him. If you get the amp to him I'll get it from him when he sees me. I'll work on it for you and when I'm done you will probably have to gave me ship it back or pick it up around Scranton where my cousin lives as I visit often.

4. W2PPJ

before i send it out i found another ham local to help me do some meter work and hold my hand a little. i really do appreciate all the help. im in the process of obtaining an sb220 in need of some repairs so if you guys dont mind helping me i will be back with more questions on that amp. carpentry is my occupation and i think i could build a small light weight crate to ship these amps and feel safe slightly more. but for now i will report back when help arrives. thanks again -peter

5. G3YRO

G3YRO Ham Member QRZ Page

Well the fault on this Amp really does sound VERY simple . . .

If C209 hasn't gone short-circuit, then the fault almost certainly must be C208 (which I suggested was the nmost likely)

If you have anyone with a bit more knowledge that can locate C208 and check whether it has gone short-circuit, that would save taking it a long way for such a simple fault!

(if I was you, I would go on 2m and ask if any locals know someone nearby who can help you with this.)

Roger G3YRO

6. W2PPJ

if i was cleaver roger i would have attempted to test 209 first before i cut one side. thanks for all your help and every one else. i did do some asking on 2m and will continue to. if i get a chance today i will test & resolder 209 . than test 208 and see what ive got. peter

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  7. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The guy in Courtland may be heading down to meet me within the next 10 days. Hopefully.

8. W2PPJ

lets see whats going to happen if i can fix it here horray for me .

9. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope you can. BTW...I have all new pre-assembled Rectifier and soft key boards for the SB-220 amps. Let me know when you get the SB-220.

10. W2PPJ