ad: Radclub22-1

First Video Using The New Tuner Free Alpha Multi Band Antenna 80-6 Meters

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N4CPR, Oct 25, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N4CPR

N4CPR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ever wished for an antenna that you can use on all the hf bands without a tuner? Well here it is.

More videos coming soon,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  2. N1EVH

N1EVH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well you show the SWR on 20m (14.327), 40m (7.245), 160m, (1.920) which are near the top of the bands. You then made some contacts at 14.320, 14.332, 14.321, and 14.347,

Now... where these randomly selected portions of the band... or did you check for the best SWR on each band and use those parts of each band for your video???

You show a good SWR on 20m from 14.320 and higher... but how it the SWR at the other end of the band... in the CW and Digital portion of the band???

Would've been nice if you had shown the SWR across the ENTIRE band for each band... and not just one part of the band.

Mike - N1EVH

OH8STN likes this.
  3. N4CPR

Hello Mike thank you for your comment and watching my video. I was trying to just get a introduction video out for all to see and being that the propagation was not real good I was looking for some bands were I heard some qso's for now so that I could check the swr and show how it was working there and make a contact. I will be doing more videos soon and will show more of all the bands. Here is a link for you that show a graph for all bands from testing at the factory. My readings were better here in florida and your readings may be different were you live. I can only tell you about how it worked for me. I hope this helps you and look for more videos coming soon.
    http://alphaantenna.com/manuals/English/Tuner_Free_Alpha_Multiband_Antenna_Technical_Manual_v2.1.pdf

Mike
    N4CPR

4. N5EIT

N5EIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm assuming your "relationship" with them means you don't have to buy these antenna's in order to test them. That would get expensive very quickly... They're pretty proud of em at 400 dollars a pop!!! I'm guessing the price reflects their claim of being a DOD supplier... (Goverment contractors have a WAY of inflating their prices) I'd probably buy one if it was HALF that price.

5. W0OLL

W0OLL Ham Member QRZ Page

When transmitting call sign is required. Might be better to show the actual SWR ratio. Price of antenna not shown. Thanks for sharing. W0OLL Ray in Leesburg, FL

6. N5EIT

N5EIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sorry if my earlier comment sounded too rude... I think you do a great job with your videos and always like watching them. I guess I'm just a typical "Cheapo Ham"... I've toyed with the idea of buying one, but I just can't commit until I see the CW portion represented. Seems to be a tough antenna after they upgraded the components as Julian suggested... We'll see!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. N4CPR

Hello Ray, Thank you for your comment and watching my videos. I can assure you that all fcc rules and regulation are followed in the making of my videos. Sometimes in the interest to shorten a video to not make it to long I reserve the right to edit my videos. So whether you hear it or not I have used my call sign. In this video I did show what my swr reading was as I was making my contact with other stations. On the yaesu ft-857d I have my radio set up as I stated in the video so that I can always see my swr when I am transmitting.

Here is a link for one of the packages the company offers for sale: http://alphaantenna.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=66

Mike

8. N4CPR

No problem and thank you for watching my videos. Sometimes products are sent to me and other times I approach companies about products that I like and sometimes I get discounts on product. No matter how I acquire a product I try to see if the products works the way the company says that it does. Whether it does or not I will tell you how it worked for me under the conditions that I use it. If it does work for me I can tell you how it worked at my location and if I would buy it or tell you that It may be something that you the viewer may want to try.

I am not an engineer of any type just a regular guy looking for a good product that will make life for me easier and I pass that information on to you and you decide if it works for you. After filming this intro video so far the antenna has worked the way stated and I see no reason that it will not continue to do the same down the road and I will keep making more videos using the tuner free multi band antenna and uploading them to my youtube channel.... http//www.youtube.com/videosbymike and bring you the results.

Mike

9. N0IRS

N0IRS Ham Member QRZ Page

You have disabled the comments for your video. Your choice, but allows no interaction with your viewers.

W8ZNX likes this.
  10. W8ZNX

W8ZNX Ham Member QRZ Page

ahoy

itty bitty antenna
    80 through 10
    no tuner

sure
    break that can open
    show us
    that there is not one or more
    non inductive resistor inside

still in the stacks
    mac

11. AG7CK

AG7CK Ham Member QRZ Page

The last review on this page http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/10357 implies IMO that there could be some kind of "maxx-com" effect in the match unit. The reviewer claims that the device (under certain conditions) gets warm and seems to "eat" (active or real) power.

If that is the case - well, we all now what it means ... But as long as one knows about the possible Joule heating loss, trading RF output efficiency for a claimed 5-or-so minutes rigging time and a reasonably well behaved overall VSWR, can be an OK deal.