ad: k1jek

First HF contact.

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N5JEW, Jun 14, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. N5JEW

N5JEW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad to say I passed my General class exam today. Also made my first HF contact QSO with KD9FMJ . It was a great day. KG5ZYM

K4RKY, N1OOQ, W4WTS and 8 others like this.
  2. K5DE

K5DE Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! My first HF -- or any -- contact was with KA5DYS on May 5th, 1978, as a novice doing CW. I told him during the contact he was my first contact, I hoped for a QSL. Back then you looked up the address in the call book or sent your address over the air; can't remember which way it went. In any case, while he didn't have any pre-printed QSLs, he hand made one and sent it to me. I still have it. Didn't realize until just now the 40th anniversary of that contact was a bit over a month ago. :)

3. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Welcome to Amateur Radio - you have so much ahead of you if only you seek it all out.

Enjoy!

Dave
    W7UUU

4. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember my first contact as a Novice. It was on CW and I was so nervous my knees were knocking and I could hardly send.

N9NY, WA4YNE, K8PG and 1 other person like this.
  5. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Watch out you'll get hooked like the rest of us.:)
    I remember my first HF contact was with a Route 66 special event station from St. Louis.

6. N5JEW

Thanks all for the replies. I have, however, since posting this thread, applied for and was granted a vanity call sign. My new call sign is WA5DFW . Many thanks again for the replies. WA5DFW formerly KG5ZYM

7. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congratulations.
    Welcome.
    You have just began your adventure.
    GL-DX- 73
    Paul

8. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats and welcome to the CRAZY WORLD OF HAM RADIO, from over the pond.

9. KF5RHI

KF5RHI Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats and welcome to the Order!

10. KA5ROW

KA5ROW Ham Member QRZ Page

Good for you, Enjoy your new hobby. When I went from a General to Extra, I made sure every contact I made for a week was only in the Extra part of the band. Have fun.

11. N5JEW

Thanks everyone for the replies. Looks like this is going to be a lot of fun.

K7III likes this.