ad: TinyPaddle-1

First Ever "National Matches on the Air"

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N6VF, May 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N6VF

N6VF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I was recently given permission to transmit as a special event station at the 2018 CMP National Matches at Camp Perry Ohio. (N8M- Aug 1-5) The national matches date back to world war 1 and promote the shooting sports. These matches bring many of the best shooters in the world to participate in a variety of competitions. I plan to operate on as many bands and modes as possible from August 1-5th (N8M). I will use an IC-7300 at 100w and an end-fed on portable military antenna masts. I am also a Nation Matches Competitor and will compete in 5 matches. I plan to have a few other hams to cover the radio when I am competing.
    In addition, i run a rapidly growing group known as the "Guns and Ham" network. we started last September with a few folks that share 2 passions, the shooting sports AND Ham radio. We now have over 4ooo members. Join us on our weekly HF net on 7.223 at 21:30 Z, 17:30 Eastern.
    W8RDZ

2. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

GL in matches. Don't forget to bring ur key/keyer with ur 7300. Keep your powder dry, es may the spirit of the white feather be with you.

73 de KA5GEX

3. N9ZA

N9ZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck at your matches! I will absolutely be tuning in to your special event and to the net now. I have been shooting competitively for years now and that is my primary hobby. Ham comes in at a close second!