First CW QSO

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by N9AED, Jul 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9AED

N9AED Ham Member QRZ Page

I am so excited that I just had to share that I had my first ever CW QSO tonight, on 80m.

N8LZN was patient with me and we even exchanged SKCC numbers.

KE0TNL, K4RT, KK4GGL and 17 others like this.
  2. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the club. I was a total mess for my first one (and for a lot of subsequent ones as well).

Al

3. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Welcome, It gets better and better ... try to do one every day for a month ...

N2AMM and KF9VV like this.
  4. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

That's so cool!!! Just keep them coming!!

Dave
    W7UUU

5. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome!

Sharing that excitement is greatly appreciated. Yup, they get easier. SKCC is a fantastic skill builder.

Go man go!

Jim
    KF9VV

K5VZD and W7UUU like this.
  6. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I found out SKCC has two "tools" to help connect with other members on the air. These are in addition to www.skccgroup.com and SKCC@groups.io, which offer information about SKCC events and rules and an informal SKCC-related discussion forum, respectively.

The first tool has been around for a while, and it is called the SKCC Sked Page. This is a separate web site with an "endless scrollable window" where operators post things like, "Greeting from Italy. Cq on 7.054", "AD5VC TNX Dana. TOUGH copy, you were there then QRN. I got it, TNX for new nmber. 73 steve", "w0rjw I tried calling you up 2 on 7.116 and where you called qrz.....no reply. try another time de AB4PP/John Paul".

The Sked Page is at - https://sked.skccgroup.com/

The second tool is a brand-new feature on SKCC@groups.io. Some excerpts from the announcement -

Someone suggested that SKCC should have a calendar that individual members could use to announce their operating plans. For example, if someone wanted to arrange a get together with QRS ops they could post it on the calendar so that other like-minded members would be able to make plans to join in. A bug user might want to do likewise; or someone seeking 10m contacts. Members in "rare" locations could post their planned activity ahead of time so that others would know when look for them. Or a member might simply want to announce when they'll be on the air-- perhaps late night or early morning when everyone assumes there is no point in checking the bands.
    Please note- the Ops Calendar does not take the place of the SKCC Event Calendar or the SkedPage. It's intended use is for individual members to announce their future on-air activity so that other members can make plans to join in.

This tool is on the SKCC@groups.io page - https://groups.io/g/SKCC/calendar

These tools won't make band conditions better, but they should help SKCC members "connect" by being at the same place at the same time. Neat ideas.

KQ4MM, KF9VV and W5WTH like this.
  7. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

WELCOME ABOAR OM JORDAN! I am well within striking range of yer sigs.
    Look for me around 7050 mornings and afternoons, 7118 at night.
    QRS at your copy speed... message me to sked a QSO also.
    VY 73

Learn Morse.
    Do CW.

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

N9AED ,
    I have not checked my log but we may have QSOd already. :rolleyes:
    I am on the air in the morning sometimes, more often on in the afternoon and at night, Always on CW.
    I am within range in daylight on 160, 80, 60 or 40 Meters.
    If there are no local thunderstorms :eek: I like those low bands for a rag chew in the daylight hours.
    Find me on the SKCC SKED page or near one of our gathering freqs. 1812.5, 3550, 5332, 7114 kHz.,
    Let's QSO ;)

9. N9AED

I'm on 7.118.00 now.

10. N9AED

@K8JD
    Thanks very much for the QSO. I will get better, I promise! lol

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019