ad: Radclub22-1

Firmware updates for Xiegu G90 & X6100 now available

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K9WBT, Jan 4, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9WBT

K9WBT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KD8VNU

KD8VNU Ham Member QRZ Page

I almost bricked my G90 as I rushed things a bit and selected "upload file" instead of "transfer /xmodem" (with 1K option box checked )
    Had alternating flashing LEDs at power up. I kept fiddling with the TeraTerm serial connection until I finally got a prompt after hitting space bar. After that it loaded normally. Some directions show loading main fw first but I didn't see those instructions until I had already done display fw. Didn't seem to matter though.
    Have not noticed any audio improvements with v1. 78b as proposed by the release notes.
    73s

3. W9QK

W9QK Ham Member QRZ Page

I was just in the firmware update page a few days ago and didn’t see the 1.78 updates. Glad I came across this post. Thanks

4. K8XG

K8XG Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait awhile unless you want to be an early adapter with issues

W7ASA and N2AMM like this.
  5. AC9YY

AC9YY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it help lower the noise level with AGC enabled? I noticed even with the antenna shorted with AGC on I have a high level of audio noise. It appears with a shorted input that the 1.78 AGC maximizes RF gain.

6. W9QK

W9QK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey guys found a vid on YouTube showing an easier way to update the G90, hell even less riskier I would say. Hope it helps someone.

KD5USA likes this.
  7. W9QK

W9QK Ham Member QRZ Page

This way of updating the G90 is faster and safer Watch this vid and keep it a reference for the next time you are updating the firmware. U don’t need to use TeraTerm or any other stuff. Just download files and send them to the radio using the command box thing. Sorry I’m not a Windows person so I don’t know the exact name of it. But anyway this way is easier though.

AC9YY likes this.
  8. AC9YY

AC9YY Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad I watched it, appears I have 1.78b, but the display shows 1.78. The only way to tell the difference is based on the date of the firmware.

W9QK likes this.