Firewall grommet for Nissan Pathfinder for 2012 body style

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by WA1LY, Jan 31, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WA1LY

WA1LY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This should work for 2012-2016 body styles. Check for 2016+ models. There is a grommet behind the glove box you can run battery wires through. This is much easier than trying to run wires through the main wiring grommet on the drivers side .

The hardest part is to access the grommet you must remove the glove box. The glove box comes off with 9 screws and the lower right screw is hard to see. i used a small mirror to find the screws. This is easier than contortion gyrations in the passanger compartment. You will have to disconnect/reconnect the interior glove box light too. Be ready for some twists and turns to find the glove box screws.

In my 2015 the engine compartment has a hollow metal channel to run the wire through from the right side to the left side of the vehicle. This keeps cables out of the main engine compartment.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

To run a pair of wires through the firewall of my Accord, I just drilled a hole through the firewall, inserted a grommet, ran the wires and then put some duct seal around the grommet.

Since the RF deck is under the seat, I should have run the wires under the car and drilled through to floor board, which I am going to do when I replace this car.
    When I do that job, I will protect the wires with one or layers of shrink tubing.

No way that you can do same? You are locked into using their grommets.

Barry

3. AI8O

AI8O XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Does the Pathfinder come in Manual transmission and automatic transmission models?

If you have an automatic transmission model you may already have a pass trough you can use.

Many manufacturers to save on manufacturing cost, by using one standard style firewall for both kinds of vehicles.
    The pass through hole for the clutch cable is just plugged with a rubber plug in the automatic transmission models.

As you are sitting in the vehicle looking down past the steering wheel, they are usually on the left of the steering column up high almost near the bottom of the dashboard bolts to the firewall.