FIREFOX 2.0.0.6 & ADOBE READER 7.0

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by N9LCD, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9LCD

N9LCD Ham Member QRZ Page

I was successfully running Adode 7.0 with an earlier, updated version of Firefox when I succumbed to their notice to install the latest version, 2.0.0.6.

Yeah!! For about two days, I couldn't open any .pdf files within Firefox. And I download a couple of dozen .pdf files each week.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Firefox & Adobe. I tried all kinds of "tweaks". No luck!

Finally, I decided to remove Firefox 2.0.0.6 and reinstall 1.0 from the cd. Still, no luck.

I found Adobe's website and downloaded Adobe 6.0.1. Uninstalled whatever version was on my machine and installed 6.0.1.

I can now open .pdf files from within Firefox!!!

Thanks Adobe for keeping prior versionsof software on your website!

JERRY

N9LCD

2. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

I run Adobe 8.0 and it mixes well with firefox 2.0
    Curt

3. WD8OQX

WD8OQX Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to work for me.

[​IMG]

4. N1MLF

N1MLF Ham Member QRZ Page

I've never had an issue with them and I accepted the various updates from both as they came out.
    Currently running FF 2.0.0.6 & Adobe 8.1.0

I dunno...
    Best luck with it..

JW

5. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Try uninstalling Fire Fox and Adobe Run a Virus Scan then run Defrag as well Scan Disk then reinstall the Latest Fire Fox and Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Newer Versions has updates and this should help.

Also turn off Pop Up blocker on some sites I had to do it  because of JAVA  JRE ( current Ver) seems to conflict with POP up blockers.

hope this helps, unless you uninstalled something that took out a file, then you may have to reinstall your O/S , as last resort  BTW I hope under Windows you have the legal version installed unless you are running LINUX or Mac ( I think mac is a Licensed software ? ) same theory applies here too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.