For Sale Finished working Bitx40 Transceiver

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KE0CGB, Aug 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KE0CGB

KE0CGB Ham Member QRZ Page

Specs from the guys making the kit:
    Technicals

The Raduino The new BITX40's Raduino is an Arduino Nano powered, small, hackable board based on the rock steady Si5351 synthesizer with a clean 16x2 frequency display, free and open source code, 6 analog ports, three oscillators and six digital lines.

Receiver Listen to the very clean, crisp and quite receiver. The front-end has a triple tuned circuit that cuts out-of-band signals. The diode ring mixer front-end makes this a crisp receiver that doesn't overload easily. The all analog signal path to your ear provides outstanding signal clarity that is to be heard to be believed.

Transmitter 7 watts of low distortion SSB provides you with enough juice to have thousands of contacts on 40 meters, daily rag chew and occasional DX chasing. Any common 2 ampere 12 linear volts supply will provide enough juice for this transceiver. Or you could simply run it from a battery!

I have built this into an aluminum xpc mini tower computer case. The power supply is rated for 14 amps @ 12 volts ( I did internally adjust the output power to 12.8 volts) and I removed the excess power and ground lead so there are one 12v output, 2 ground and one 5v output, the 5volt output is unused but figured it might come on handy for some sort of mod. I have added a large heatsink to the final transistor. The mic is a Radio Shack power mic. Although I never used the mic's built in amplifier. I have done a few mods that include an amplifier keying output, I did the ptt pop mod also. I added a push buton (black) for tuning the antenna. You hold it in the push the ptt and it outputs a cw tone. When doing this the rig puts out 10 watts on my meter thats built into my tuner. The raduino code has been updated to include RIT, Split, LSB,USB,CWU,CWL ,also has a scanning feature and you can set the scan edges.The rig is set up to use an external speaker and has a 1/8" headphone jack. There is also a 1/8" jack on the rear for mic input as I had it setup with a homebrew soundcard interface that has vox keying. I have worked FT8 with this rig.( I would be willing to sell the soundcard interface as well if you are interested I can get pics of it. ($30 additional)
    All you need to get this rig on the air is an antenna setup and an ac outlet.

I am selling this radio to fund another project. $150 delivered to continental USA
    No Paypal Sorry Check or US Postal Money order only, IMG_20170812_191853.jpg IMG_20170812_191456.jpg IMG_20170812_191654.jpg IMG_20170812_191952.jpg IMG_20170812_192016.jpg all others will be returned.
    Can meet within 30 miles of Stockton Missouri if you are in the area.
    Please email me @chicodog530@yahoo.com with any questions.

KN4OK likes this.
  2. KD4EPG

KD4EPG Ham Member QRZ Page

Take $100 and I come pick it up?

Dennis.
    KD4EPG

3. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.