Finished 6L6 transmitter

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by K4EM, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KK4CWA

KK4CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

I have 3 metal velvet vernier dials, a millen 5 row dial for 5 bands to be written on the face and also have a bakelite velvet vernier with dial inside of a small window and I have porceline tube sockets, bakelite sockets that mount on a board and beehive coil mounts

I have the parts and power transformers and coil forms and variable capacitors and hi voltage caps and components to build a transmitter including a type 10, type 71 and type 12 tubes and o1a and 31/31/32/33/34 type tubes and 140 pf and 365 pf variable capacitors and octocoils new in box from 1935 to build a regen or another type of set.

I also have rf chokes and interstage transformers and 6j5/6v6/6sl7/6sn7 tubes and ealy 1930's vintage headphones . will pack up it all and trade or sell it.

looking for an Kenwood AT250 and am filters for ts430/ts140 and ts450sat and digital 24 hour clock.

feel free to send me a wants list. I have 2 milliameters in working order and 2 heavy power transformers and power chokes and a monophonic audio amp that used tubes fro an old record player already working full of good parts.

also looking for a Kenwood bandscope of any make to fit a ts450

I hope these parts find a good home.

Willing to trade the lot for a TS130/140 set or an Icom 721 or 740 or 701 complete with power supply and speaker.

I have lots of tubes and capacitors as well. willing to part with whole lot.

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Mike -

The Radio/TV Shops and neighboorhood electronics parts store disappeared by early 1970s.
    For the parts shown in this 6L6 build .... RadioDaze, Antique Electronics Supply, and
    Triode Electronics (western Chicago suburbs) are good sources.
    http://triodeelectronics.com/

CHECK with the audiophile/guitar amplifier/musician crowd ..... they have $$$ and many older USA mfg. parts are "back in production"
    due to the members of this group -- SPEND MONEY $$ and hence they get the products !

They even make the old style Turret boards common in 1940s and 1950s.
    http://angela.com/shortturretterminalboardfortubeaudioprojects85mmx46mm8terminals.aspx

Samsung just announced a NEW $800 vacuum tube (12AU7) audio pre-amplifier / speaker system.

--
    w9gb

3. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Use a pair of 105-108V regulators or a couple of zeners. Those tubes are very sensitive to screen voltage.

Carl

4. K4EM

K4EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't use the built in dumy load, a good idea but turned out to be a waste of time. All of the parts came from hamfests or ebay. I built the small turret board myself, I build guitar amp boards in my spare time. 002.JPG
    This is an example of a Trainwreck X-press amp board.
    Dave

5. AJ8MH

AJ8MH Ham Member QRZ Page

As others have said, it's the screen voltage. Mine is a touch higher and I get 5.5 watts out. Nice looking rig!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.