ad: CQMM-1

Findlay, Ohio Hamfest

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K8INA, Sep 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K8INA

K8INA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello all, has anyone recently attended the Hamfest in Findlay? It's about 2 1/2 hours away and was wondering if it's worth the trip. I know, if there's something I need there, it's worth it, but there's nothing I'm actually looking for so the more vendors, the better chance for something to catch my eye. I went to one a few weeks ago (fortunately it was very close) where there were maybe 15 vendors. Mostly old stuff and the usual home Knic Knaks for sale. So, any comments? Not disparaging remarks cause they are all great for the right people, but how many vendors, commercial vendors, interesting stuff in the past... that kind of stuff. Thanks for the help, and maybe see ya'll there.... Jeff K8INA

2. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to know as well. I went to it 25 years ago and it like a mini-Dayton - loved it. My guess is that it's like the rest of them, withered away to a quarter of the size or so.

3. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

Findlay always a FB ham fest and radio flea market. Always lots of hard to find and vintage rigs, parts etc. Well worth the trip next year!

4. W8AN

W8AN Ham Member QRZ Page

I caught this thread kind of late, but I did attend Findlay this year (2016).

I actually have been attending Findlay hamfests pretty regularly for over 50 years. My parents were both hams, and it's about 40 miles from my childhood home. It was held in Riverside Park in Findlay when I was young and I have some great memories of those times.

Findlay is good hamfest; one of the best I attend each year. It's fairly large with a good flea market area. They have recently updated the vendor area into another larger building than was used in the past several years. Sellers don't bail early like some hamfests. It's pretty solid until noon and actually runs for a couple hours past.

I'm not sure I would drive more than a couple of hours to any hamfest, but this one would be worth the trip.