Finding it really hard to get best antenna for my home.

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by JANIEO, Jul 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. JANIEO

JANIEO QRZ Member

Hello there, I am finding it really hard to get best antenna for my home, Can anyone help me with this in finding the best antenna.

KO4ESA likes this.
  2. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

no

W4HWD, AK5B, KI5WW and 2 others like this.
  3. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Not unless you provide a lot more information...

KO4ESA likes this.
  4. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

What WA7ARK said.
    Besides that the best antenna for your home is a safely installed one that will not cause an accident AND one that uses the best engineering practices one can do. Lots of possibilities beyond that :)

AK5B, N3AWS and KO4ESA like this.
  5. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Meanwhile I have a transformer maybe 20 ft from one side of my house and multiple power lines throughout the property. Then of course there is the metal roof on my house.
    But I have decided to use my radio as a portable one is easier than getting an antenna put up.

AK5B, KI5WW, N5YPJ and 2 others like this.
  6. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

AK5B, PU2OZT and N3AWS like this.
  7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I think the best antennas are found on Aisle 13, next to this popular toy for small children.
    fisher price.PNG

M0TNX, W4HWD, AK5B and 3 others like this.
  8. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you! ahahah «Equation for the Arquimedean Antenna» is missing, within spiral page... was curious about its complexity.

Cat's tunnel being made of spiral wire, once wondered about real value of such antennas.

Oliver

KO4ESA likes this.
  9. N5YPJ

N5YPJ QRZ Moderator QRZ Page

I have a similar situation at my QTH. If I could still drive then would probably be semi portable. We own an acre plus a little about 10 miles out of town that is much quieter in question of RFI and noise in general.

PU2OZT and KO4ESA like this.
  10. 2E0VSS

2E0VSS Ham Member QRZ Page

Working portable I always see as a sell out.
    I have a dreadful home RF/QRM noisy environment in Central London, hemmed in by a train and railway junction and on the Heathrow airport approach, but still I study and learn and find out how I can improve a hopeless situation. What works and what doesn’t.
    Running out into the hills seems to me like running away and selling out.
    You must understand I am only thinking from my perspective, and I don’t speak for a nation..
    Be good, be humble
    Mx

AK5B and KO4ESA like this.