ad: elecraft

FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

They don't need frequency privileges to cause QRM. They never did and never will. The tech/tech+ combination doesn't change that equation and neither does the elimination of Morse Code testing.

Most of the QRM that I have heard in the last couple of days was directed AT no-code techs and that leads me to believe it was caused by long time code-centric know-code lids. So much for the theory that knowing CW was a lid-filter...

2. AD4MG

AD4MG Banned QRZ Page

Can't do it fellow.  There is no more element 1 "code test".  Why are you worried about taking a code test?  If you want to do CW, then do CW.

Guys and gals, put it to bed now.  The issue is over.  All licensed amateurs now have at least some hf access.

What's left to argue about?

For those that insist on continuing to moan and groan here, since you're never going to be happy, why not move on to something else.  Amateur Radio just doesn't fit you.  After all the endless whining and crying, the last thing we need is a bunch of "new" old pharts on the air.

Put down the keyboard, turn on the rig, and call back here (in this thread) in about 10 years.  Or are some of you the type that isn't happy unless you have an audience to cry to?

Please ... let me look like the idiot with the last post in this thread for say, 90 days.

Luke - ad4mg

3. KI4JCE

KI4JCE Ham Member QRZ Page

ad4mg "the last thing we need is a bunch of "new" old pharts on the air."

Well I'm certainly not an old phart! Hope it wasn't aimed at me. Hope to have a QSO with you someday. I don't know about other people but I am having a blast with my new privileges! [​IMG]

KI4JCE

PS I just couldn't have you look like the last "idiot" in this post!

4. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

As of this morning I am KB9YFI/AG. Element 3 was a breeze. I'm NO-CODE General.

[​IMG]

And next month I'll be a NO-Code Extra when I go back to take Element 4.

[​IMG]

5. K3XS

K3XS Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem with calling retiring the CW test "dumbing down the Service" is that it assumes learning Morse is somehow evidence of being "smart".

While I know many delightful and intelligent CW ops, in my experience there's just as many who are dumb as a box of hammers. I do think the remaining tests could stand to be made more technically demanding, and if they were, we might see fewer "box-of-hammers" level ops...and 75m phone might be less painful to listen to, too.

While I have enormous respect for the history and tradition of ham radio, perhaps we've forgotten that it was originally conceived as a laboratory, not a museum.

--
    73 de Maggie K3XS
    Editor, Phil-Mont Mobile Radio Club Blurb - http://www.phil-mont.org
    Elecraft K2 #1641 -- AOPA 925383 -- ARRL 39280

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.