ad: elecraft

FINALLY!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KC8FCW, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB7OM

KB7OM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

50 years ago, when I was 14, a neighbor got his novice ticket (WN9GNZ). I was fasinated watching him work other stations and decided then I wanted to become a ham. Years passed, life went on & I kept putting it off unti I had retired and moved to AZ. The man living behind me was a ham (W7VPL), when I told him of my desire to get licensed he grabbed ahold & would not let go until I got my Tech (no code) 5 years ago. I have yet to sit down and learn the code but I will. This will be out of respect for the old timmers that helped me and accepted me.

Just the opinion of one that does not know code and has not upgraded as yet, dropping the code was a big mistake. Will 10m now become the same as 11m?? More than likely.

For all of us Techs out here, do we wish to admit we are to stupid to learn code?

Pat
    KD7TFD

2. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

........the Rock has come back to Sacramento!

Oh sorry, wrong board [​IMG]

(Yeah, I used to watch wrasslin!)

3. KC8FCW

KC8FCW Ham Member QRZ Page

No Just stating a fact

If you thought I was a troll, why did you even bother to respond?

4. KC8FCW

If the shoe fits,my friend, I suggest that you wear it in good health
    [​IMG]

5. KC8FCW

I can see you are one that I could ask for help from

Nice to know there are so many friendly types in Ham Radio

Have a nice day!!

6. KI4QFY

KI4QFY QRZ Member

I'm marking it on my calendar now, and looking for any VE sessions on the 24th and later!

Seriously.

See ya on HF!
    Andrew

7. KB9YFI

KB9YFI Ham Member QRZ Page

I get a kick out of someone who tells me (and others who have an issue hearing code) that I am "to stupid"

LOL -it doesn't get any better than that!

shiny!

8. W5CMP

W5CMP Guest

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL.

9. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes. [​IMG]

10. W5CMP

W5CMP Guest

MORSE CODE IS NOT HAM RADIO! QRZ IS" IF YOU WOULD SPINN MORE TIME ON RADIO AND LESS TIME ON YOUR PC THIS CRAP WOULD NOT HAPPIN.BITCH BITCH BITCH,WHO WAN'TS TO GO BACK IN TIME.

11. KL7FZ/SK2022

KL7FZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I know some that are "too stupid".
    I know some that are "two stupid" -twins

But I really like the ones that say they can't hear code.

Nice try. But since you can adjust the CW audio tone to the same frequency as that of your own whining "I can't hear code" speaking voice (both audible mid-range frequencies), then you either have to tell me you can't hear yourself speak or you are completely deaf.
    So which is it?

KL7FZ

12. KB9YFI

Oh, I can HEAR it. It sounds like BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP to me. Maybe some of the beeps are a little longer sometimes -maybe they are not. I can't every tell for sure if they are or not with any regularity even at 5WPM. Speed it up and all the beeps sound the same to me.

It's a defect in my hearing. No kidding. Not everyone hears the same way you do. Not everyone sees the same way either.

The next time you are laying on your nice warm bed enjoying the silence of night think of those of us with tinnitus and get to hear an out of tune symphony most of the time.

13. KL7FZ/SK2022

Sorry bud. I don't believe a word of it. Not one bit. I can see your mouth moving but it all just comes out one garbled mess.
    I have tinnitus also. No excuse there, bud.
    What a load of rubbish.

Nice try. But it don't wash dude. Trying pulling that wool over someone else's eyes, er, ears.

Guess you can just forget smoke detectors and alarms then eh?

Even deaf people have learned and made provisions for passing the code tests.
    What's your reply? What?! What???  I can't hear you!

Oh yeah I forgot, please don't walk in the street. You won't be able to hear the truck's horn just before he hits you.

You poor poor fellow. But it must be nice not to hear your own whining.

KL7FZ

14. KB9YFI

You poor fellow. You have so much hate inside you.

Yeah, I could have gotten a doctor's excuse but I can hear people talking most of the time unless it is a crowded place with lots of background noise -I don't go to places like that and I've learned to read lips pretty well.

I'm also not a cripple. No way am I going to get a medical note -too proud. Maybe I could have learned it with a flashing light. That's just silly as it has nothing to do with radio and is impracticql to use in real life radio. I probably could have figured out a way to pass the test with enough effort (not that I didn't put forth the effort but you won't believe me anyhow so why bother to convince you? -you are nothing to me.

But in the end why bother to pass the silly code test? It's GONE NOW. It's over and I will never have to pass that stupid test. I've known for years that it would eventually go away. It was just a matter of sitting patiently for the rules to change. They are changed now. The code test is NEVER coming back.

Bu-bye! Thanks for playing.

15. KL7FZ/SK2022

Time to change the name again.
    From Amateur Radio to "Handicapped Radio". But maybe then we could all get better parking spaces!

New slogan: "Something to do for those who couldn't".

I also hear there is a new ham radio movie coming out now. "Dumb and Dumber and Dumber and Dumber".  

I have changed my mind about having all those new no-code HF ops though. It will be a great new opportunity.
    Otherwise referred to as a "Target-rich environment".
    Yee-haw!!

KL7FZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.