ad: w5yi

Finally a new POTA logging app!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5QBF, Apr 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KQ4KK

KQ4KK Ham Member QRZ Page

I activated 3 parks yesterday using the program on a MS Surface laptop. A lot easier to use than N1MM or N3FJP. No issues logging. Had to remember the program wants freq in Mhz, not Khz.
    Back home, and saving as .ADI. Mine did not automatically save as .ADI, they were saved with no extension txt. I then just renamed the files with .ADI and uploaded fine.

Great program, hope he adds freq readout.

K5QBF and K4MID like this.
  2. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow!

How did u hop to three so fast:)?

3. KB0ICT

KB0ICT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello! I'm the creator of HAMRS - Can you tell me more about what happened when exporting? What version of Windows runs on your MS Surface Laptop - I'm unfamiliar so maybe there is something there I can tweak to make sure your files get the proper extension.

K2BIT, K5QBF and K4MID like this.
  4. KQ4KK

I operated a 7100 at 100 watts, full size TARHEEL antenna, from my SUV. A total of 170 contacts from 3 parks.

K5QBF and K4MID like this.
  5. KQ4KK

Windows 10 Pro. When the save box came up, I clicked, SAVE. And it save with no extension. I just went back and renamed the files with a .ADI.

6. K0NOC

K0NOC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've used this app on my iPhone. I like its simplicity and ease of entry. However, the deal breaker for me is there's no easy way to export my log from the phone to import it into the desktop/Web app. Also. a bit cumbersome on the phone for viewing logged items. You have to go into "Edit" mode. Extra clicks. Should be able to just select an item to review it. Hope the App developer keeps improving this, as its certainly on the right track. :)

7. KB0ICT

KB0ICT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Working on expanded log review mode, but you can export a log by clicking the gear icon and clicking 'Export ADI'.

K5QBF likes this.
  8. KD1RT

KD1RT Ham Member QRZ Page

After a POTA outing today, I experienced the same no ADI extension when attempting to export the log. Field logging was on an MS Surface 3 with Win 10. At home loaded HamRS on a Dell laptop also with Win 10, entered today's contacts, and had the same no ADI extension issue.

9. KI4MYD

KI4MYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Windows 7 also does not export the .adi file extension. I have to manually add .adi to the file name when exporting in order to get an ADIF file.

10. K5QBF

K5QBF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They recently released an update, that may have fixed the issue.