ad: Amateur-1

Finally a new POTA logging app!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5QBF, Apr 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W2KS

W2KS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey, that's going to come in really handy!! And the weather is getting nicer!!!

K5QBF likes this.
  2. N2NWK

N2NWK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just bought this app from the Apps store. Waiting to try it out some time later today or this week. I downloaded it to my iPad.

K5QBF likes this.
  3. K4MID

K4MID Ham Member QRZ Page

It’s got a lot of potential and the Dev seems to listen and keep improving it. I don’t feel it’s ready for the field yet, but I’m sure it will get there and I’ll revisit it when it does.

Always happy to see a new radio app developed, many of them haven’t been updated in forever or cost as much as an HT. Hopefully this one lives up to its promise.

K5QBF likes this.
  4. W0ZF

W0ZF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Will definitely give it a try. Laptops are great for logging, but many have very short battery life and screens that are hard to see in daylight (especially older ones). My iPad will go 10 hours on a charge - more than enough for my casual portable ops. They are also small and light, so fit well with a minimal QRP setup. I usually just use paper in those situations, but this sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks!

K5QBF and K4MID like this.
  5. W1SRR

W1SRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I took it out and tried it at K-6324/K-4559. 70 Qs. Worked well. Did have some minor bugs that I noticed. I used on a W10 computer.

The auto info did not popup this might be due to the fact that I did not have internet at the time. I went to FT8 and entered the Qs into HAMRs but there is no FT8 in the drop down box for mode. I used RTTY instead and then later fixed the .adi with ADIF Master.

I really like that I can name the log which I named in the POTA recommended fashion, and thus we can have multiple logs for different events or dates.

Overall impressions- I like it, just needs some tweaking maybe have 1) callbook like the other log applications where it can supply a name (or other info) when offline. 2) expand the dropdown menu with more modes.

Once again- I like this application so as we say in the US Navy - BRAVO ZULU!!!

K4MID likes this.
  6. K5QBF

K5QBF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Be sure and go download the update that came out today. There was a few fixes to things.

Apr 4, 2021
    NEW FEATURE

Entering multiple parks in the 'Their Parks' field will create a QSO for each park

ENHANCEMENTS

- Added more modes to the

- RST, Frequency, and Time fields will present the iOS keyboard with the numbers top bar

- A couple of more mixes for mobile layouts

BUGFIXES

- Fixed incorrectly marked duplicate QSOs

- Initial load screen actually loads now.

- Clicking the HAMRS icon will no longer nav to a blank white screen

K4MID and W1SRR like this.
  7. KU5D

KU5D Ham Member QRZ Page

I've seen a couple of folks on POTA facebook and it dumped all their activity.

8. K5QBF

K5QBF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I only saw one and he said it was on his desktop and it was computer error.

W1SRR likes this.
  9. W1SRR

W1SRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I just installed the update, I now see more modes, nice :) I'll try it at my next activation for real world test. Great product, thanks

K4MID and K5QBF like this.
  10. K4MID

K4MID Ham Member QRZ Page

New update fixes many of the issues I had. Like I said the dev seems to be proactive.

K5QBF likes this.