FILE COMMENTS WHERE THEY COUNT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA3VJB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
  1. N5TMC

N5TMC Ham Member QRZ Page

You know i keep hearing about the cb mentality and the nondesirables coming to HF and i dont get it. What about the Extra class operators on the HF bands now that cuss and carry on about nothing. And also think that they own the band and try to run off everybody that isnt part of there click. You want to talk about mentality lets get to the bottom of it and call a spade a spade. I hate to admit that i dont want my wife and son to listen to HF because of the language and the talk about racisim and the undertones of hate that comes across. This is the most childish thing i have ever heard of. If you dont play by my rules then you cant play is what i get out of all of this. Sounds like a bunch of spoiled children to me. I know you highly educated guys will have something to say about what i just wrote but remember i just concider the source and go on with my life because i have a life outside of ham radio. Just remember the government will do what it wants to do rather you like it or not.

2. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [​IMG]

3. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey and read this The life of a QRZ Monitor / Editor And guess who is writing all the nasty mail. You are right in your post that's the way i see it too. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey don't fall out of that chair hahahahahahahaha [​IMG]

5. K1MVP

K1MVP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, thats about how "exciting" ham radio will become
    with a few more years of "dumbing down" everything.

73, K1MVP

6. N5GLR

N5GLR Ham Member QRZ Page

N5TMC said ... "You know i keep hearing about the cb mentality and the nondesirables coming to HF and i dont get it. What about the Extra class operators on the HF bands now that cuss and carry on about nothing?"

WAIT … let me start a new LIE.   “MOST OF THE DRUNK AND FOUL-MOUTHED OPERATORS ON HF ARE BOOTLEGGING NCTs.”
    There, let’s try that one for a while.  It’s just as false as the other one but, I wonder how often it will be repeated?

Now, deal with this FACT:  THE VAST MAJORITY OF FCC VIOLATION LETTERS ARE FILED AGAINST OPERATORS IN THE VHF/UHF BANDS AND ARE ADDRESSED TO TECH. CLASS OPERATORS.  (read 'em and weep on the ARRL web site).   I'll bet you'll hear far worse on some of the big city repeaters than you'll hear on HF.    

I say, keep the code.  Maybe it will "Filter" out some of the idiots.  We'll just have to continue to deal with those that slip through.  

Bye ...
    Garry
    N5GLR

7. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

"Yep, thats about how "exciting" ham radio will become
    with a few more years of "dumbing down" everything.

73, K1MVP "

If we dont find a way to get intrest going your right the dumbing down will be as we all get old .............

8. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey,what gives? Amateur radio will always be around and the requirements might change for morse code qualification, does belittling a NCT who has a desire to obtain the General Class or Extra Class ticket, make you feel better? The new Ham like myself cannot be at Fault for a decision that was made before I took my Tech exam. BTW I passed my exam on the 16th of July and the announcement was made on the 19th of July. I am all in favor of the Technician requiring to pass the General and Extra class exams in order to receive the benifits of HF. As far as the code requirement? I posted a note on a different thread about how I have a disability to sit still long enough to concentrate. Does that make a less of a Ham. With the attitude on this thread I may never use CW, I will however study for my General and Extra, so that I can use SSTV and PSK. I may never use phone on ssb because I don't want to listen to all the complainers about the dumbed down Amateur Radio requiremnets.
    I usually post "have a great day", but for those of you who look up in the sky when a flock of birds flyby, I hope you are wearing a hat! [​IMG]

9. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

So, I'm guessing the quote I have seen here from Riley saying that people on HF was the bigger problem was false?

Seen it in a few posts on here and in other places [​IMG]

10. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Nobody is saying Mr. Hollingsworth didn't say it. And he was probably right at that time. That was a couple of years ago. More recently, there have been a lot of citations for operating out of authorized frequencies, and repeater interference problems. (Plus an interesting one about an attempted renewal of a license in 2004 when the licensee was deceased in 2000.) Hmmmmmmmm :eek:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.