FILE COMMENTS WHERE THEY COUNT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA3VJB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N2MTB

N2MTB Ham Member QRZ Page

WKM KUDOS!
    you made the underlying point....WE ALL SHOULD BE ON THE SAME SIDE! 73

2. K1MVP

K1MVP Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy is "unbelievable"--he must have nothing better
    in life to do, other than "comment" to the FCC on issues.

I first became aware of him back when the FCC was
    soliciting comments on the various restructuring petitions
    back in April of 2004.

He would comment on other peoples comments back then
    and when I mentioned it to some other people,--they
    said,--Oh thats Lenny,--a "professional commentator".
    Probably missed his calling to become a lawyer.

73, K1MVP

3. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

This guy is "unbelievable"--he must have nothing better
    in life to do, other than "comment" to the FCC on issues.

I think when he was little, his Daddy musta beat him with a Morse code key. The guy has a woodie for Morse code that's bigger than the Washington monument. And it sure doesn't look like he's much interested in getting a ham license either. He's been fighting the code war on Usenet for years....

73, Jim KH2D

4. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Me, too.  I wouldn't be all that hard to slow down to 20 (again)!!  ;o)

5. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

Every Tom ,Dick , HArry and Joe and Bertha and and each free american that has a choice .Will come over .Yes and Thats what its all about is'nt >The radio waves is and should be avaible for each american out there and with no hold backs due to it's a hobby /service that each one us with good operating practice can share the fun and love of the hobby and not make it a closed tight net work as it has been.
    Lets look at this way.Each explorer in or nations past went foward to discover there interest and share what they knew then and we grew from that.
    The explorers that crossed the country and by foot and wagon crossed rivers and mountains and valleys each stop of at different parts of the country when they found there liking towhere the paths taken in life some went on to disvover new lands and valleys and settlements .First there was no roads or paths but in due time paths became easyer for the next one and then maps and then history books then wagon trains and the WORD traveled better paths leads for some but not all and then the trains then we drill holes in mountains and build bridges to cross and then roads for the faster new traffic for people too travel on .There was hold backs on the way but we progressed in new life to make it easyer for the next one to travel to discover new areas off settlement and products , gold and iron and oil and silicon and so Now I can go on .But its simple thinking for the next to take whats there now and run with it for the future. HAM radio is the same way.Its over a hundred years old time for more changes and time to realize there is more open minds ready to explore the world and run with it But time to realize it's time to build the bridges to cross and new tunnels to make for the traffic to go forward and not be holdback with with the the past technolgy its time to realize there could be bumpy roads on some things but the life of the dreams the hopes the feeling of discovery in the hobby will go forward better for each and new person hopes and jumps on the band wagon to use the hobby/severice as it was fondation on .The spirt of explores to move on an ddiscover those new advantures that lays in front. As just as all of you had at one time a dream a hope a feel to discover the welcome to communicate with freedom of choice of persueing and each new discovery brings the world closer and thats why we as humans was given that ability too communicate and remove all WALLS that stop any or all.

Time for all to GOTA... (GET ON THE AIR) promote harmony of communication..

DO all the MODE's enjoy communication.

If I misspelled any word _ SO WHAT!

6. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh, good grief!!

On second thought, that makes as much sense as many of the other anti- comments.....

7. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

And who owns the government? We do, just in case you slept through that part in school.

8. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

Really hey they can take the bands anytime they want to so really we don't own the bands who do you think makes up all the rules? isn't us. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. K4JF

K4JF Ham Member QRZ Page

The rules are made by the people we pay to represent us. If we aren't holding them to the task, then it is our fault.

10. N1VF

N1VF Ham Member QRZ Page

So, it turns out that "Uncle Lenny" thinks correctly. These are filed as Reply Comments, and this is exactly what reply comments are for - to reply to comments filed by others. I think people might wait until the intial comment period is over to file them more often than not, but there is really nothing procedurally wrong with this filing.

From FCC's site:

Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.