FILE COMMENTS WHERE THEY COUNT

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WA3VJB, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
  1. K4WKM

K4WKM Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not say old way's i said own way.What i ment was what we believe in.I have nerver seen such a uproar over something that doesn't mean a hill of beans one way or the other everybody need's to chill out.This is not good for Ham Radio sounds like C.B.to me.But what do i know i'm just a dumb no code teck.

I could live with dropping cw as a requirement if we countered the testing with something else that made sense.

What would you suggest? I know you want everything to be a lot harder to keep the rif raff out what else?

2. W5MJL

W5MJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Well we certainly shouldn't furnish exact questions with the answers. That would at least be a good start. Just think what your grade point average would be in high school or college if you were furnished the exact questions for every test.

3. K4WKM

Another perfect example of what we are dealing with, and the type
    of personality that will flood our hf bands now.

I'm sorry you feel that way but i have problems much greater then Ham Radio. I'm not just right in the head i'm a disabled vet.

4. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

W2CO: You want Extra Class priveledges, then you must pass at least the 5WPM test, although I think they should raise that test to at least 15WPM.

I'll raise you five and call. I think they should make the CW test for extra twenty WPM, like it was for years. And make the written test harder than the open book test we have now.  Somewhere out there in Radio Land there's a guy with enough intestinal fortitude to go for the gold, and we should give him the opportunity and the reward he deserves for trying.

Five WPM doesn't make sense for ANY license, because five WPM is No Code. Your average Cub Scout does that for a merit badge.

And yes, Virginia, I'd be perfectly willing to take the test over again....

73, Jim KH2D

5. W5MJL

Me too!!!

6. N2MTB

N2MTB Ham Member QRZ Page

"our HF bands"?  The government owns the HF bands not you beep geeks. [​IMG]  

Look at it from the "undesirable and idiot's" point of view...maybe we stay above 50 in hopes that you don't make "our bands" undesireable. Maybe we don't want to spend our pension on HF gear...I'd rather spend my $$ and time with my wife and kids...oops sorry, I apologize, I didn't realize you were from Alabama...let us hear you squeal like a pig boy! [​IMG] next they'll complain about the horse and buggy going by the wayside.....shall we get rid of cell phones and go back to crank up party lines? it's time to step out of your trailer and take a good look....TIMES HAVE CHANGED. Here's an idea....they should plow over Talladega and go back to runnin shine

7. N2MTB

N2MTB Ham Member QRZ Page

Or guys who enjoy typing...if you bitched any more, you'd have boobs!....

8. KH2D

KH2D Ham Member QRZ Page

Uncle Lenny is at it again. Apparently he thinks the FCC's comment procedure is just like QRZ.Com, you can use it to argue with the other guys. He just filed a comment about the comments that other people have filed. You can run from NCI but you can't hide :)

Amazing guy. Never could figure out how a non ham can hate Morse code so much. If you're interested in "who's winning" the comment debate, he's gone thru every comment and added up the totals. Maybe the FCC will offer him a job :)

Comment Regarding Comments

73, Jim KH2D

9. W5MJL

Dang, he even took the time to tally all the comments up for the fcc.

10. K4WKM

Where did that quote come from. Hey guy i'm on your side. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.