Field Day

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KF9VV, Jun 20, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll give the old die-hards a chance after 1am til dawn since I'm a 3rd trick railroader and I'm up anyways.
    Might be nice to have some action this weekend since I never have anyone to QSO with at that hour during the year any other time...
    Will mix QRP and QRO since I'm on mains pwr at home QTH...

2. N8AFT

SAME HR OM! Could care less abt any dang "points"... FB on generator. I may get my batteries going here with an FT-857 @ 30w.
    Just CW of course!

3. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, the new FT818ND showed up on our doorstep at 17:45 UTC this morning. I popped open the box, , connected all of the components, put it on the desk, hooked it up to a 35AH AGM battery and have been making QRP contacts all day. CW and SSB on 10, 15, 20, and 40M using a doublet and 6BTV vertical. Will try 80M later on this evening. Love this new radio.Time to eat something.

0622191340.jpg

KC8VWM likes this.
  4. KF9VV

KF9VV Ham Member QRZ Page

That 818 station looks awesome.

Life intervened with my plans. Hope to get on the air for the last few hours Sunday for the feeding frenzy.

K7WFM likes this.
  5. N8AFT

Congrats on the new rig Warren!

K7WFM likes this.
  6. K9GLS

K9GLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Love the CD jewel case stand. LOVE my 818.

K7WFM likes this.
  7. K7WFM

Thanks Lane. I'm really liking the new radio.

8. K7WFM

It's a very fine radio. I'm really impressed with the receiver.

I got the jewel case stand idea from KR1ST's web site.

http://www.kr1st.com/ft817stand.htm

I put some rubber feet on the bottom and it's solid as a rock. Very portable.

9. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

You'll get a substantial boost in your output signal if you get one of these.

https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/sbm-spch-comp-kt

Watch what happens to the QRP station signal...

It's no joke. I have one too and it's like having a little signal amplifier.

K7WFM and K9GLS like this.
  10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

i bought 500' because the electrical supplier wouldn't sell me just 200'. the price was ok- $30.
    my intention is/was to make a quarter wave radial for each of 4 bands, centered on the middle of the general portions
    of each band.
    then i won't have to fuss with changing the length when i change bands.
    i kinda stole the idea from newsuperantenna.com . they have a similar antenna called the mp-1
    and they offer 2 sets of wires joined at one end:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i like making stuff if i have the tools, parts, and brain power. sometimes i'm a little short on the latter....
    annnd sometimes money is a factor. i like store-bought things like most folks, but sometimes the
    money isn't there.