Field Day

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AE4FA, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AE4FA

AE4FA Ham Member QRZ Page

Just wondering aabout what y'all are going to be doing for FD.

I plan to be working a 4-A with the Palmetto and Columbia ARCs. We've fielded larger efforts in the past, up to 9-A. But many of our crew are more into socializing, rather than operating, so we scaled things back this year.

I'm setting up the 20 meter CW station. At various times I'll be either operator, logger, or control op.

We'll be using the call W4MN, and active on 80, 40, and 20 CW, as well as 20 phone and maybe PSK. Hope to work you.

2. KA9VQF

KA9VQF Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m pretty sure that we will be 6A this year. I usually help set things up then hurry home to sleep so I can operate overnight. Usually the other ops will take naps while I run whatever through the bleak period.
    I just hate getting dupes but the computer will tell me before I actually try to contact.
    I usually work 20M during this time because there are still a few folks around to work.

We use our club call of W9BPT.

3. K7DLX

K7DLX Ham Member QRZ Page

As usual, Jim, WI7J and his wife Marya, N7KEC will be getting together with me for this year's FD. The difference is this year we will be operating in the comfort of a garage shack.

After 10 years, I finally snagged a good friend and friendly business competitor John, K6MJB to work Field Day with me. We will all be operating at John's home in Long Beach, CA, as a 3E operation. 3 HF stations, with one doubling as a VHF SSB operation, if the bands open, and two Honda generators.

This will be my 19th FD, the last 17 consecutive, and the 14th year that Jim, Marya, and I have operated together.

Look for us under Jim's call, WI7J.

4. KC8QMU

KC8QMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, have fun, guys.

If I hear you, I'll try to work ya! [​IMG]

Actually, I probably won't do too much.  I got kind of psyched about it when I was first licensed, but then it just seemed like another contest when the day came. [​IMG]

5. K6PME

K6PME Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be sitting on the back deck with a solar panel on the cover, a deep cycle marine battery, and a Small Wonder Labs DSWII QRP rig just listening in on 20.

Maybe have a 2m and 6m SSB set-up to transmit.

I don't know enough about contesting to say what class that would be!

6. WU3U

WU3U Guest

I am currently reinstalling my HF mobile equipment in my truck, a rather elaborate set up.

But I hope to be done in time for FD and will probably be in the mobile class from the SNJ section in a rather rare county (for you county hunters) - Cape May County, one of the harder NJ counties to work.

If all goes well and I am done in time (making a lot of changes and adjustments to the set up), I'll be active on all applicable bands, mostly HF CW, (but some SSB and FM here and there depending on condx) except for 160 meters.

I may even have a few decent antennas on the truck for VHF and UHF.

Hope to work as many of you as possible!

Tim
    N8LXR/M

7. AD5QB

AD5QB Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be on vacation in Colter Bay, Wyoming with my wife and 6 year old son on Field Day this year, will actually be travelling from there to Mt. Rushmore on the 26th and from Mt. Rushmore to Georgetown, Colorado on the 27th.  Am currently working on setting up my IC-706 in the minivan so I can operate HF and 2 meters while on the road.  We'll be starting our trip on the 19th, so hope to get my son to participate in Kid's Day a bit to help pass some travel time [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. KC5SAS

KC5SAS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll probably be out at the Baton Rouge observatory helping with a APRS/Ui-View demonstration station. I'm not a contester, and Field Day is a contest, so I'm mainly there just to support the BRARC and socialize.

9. KB9YCO

KB9YCO Ham Member QRZ Page

As always, I'll be out-standing in my field.

10. K7DLX

K7DLX Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KB9YCO @ June 02 2004,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As always, I'll be out-standing in my field.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Out standing in your field? Well don't just stand there, become a center support for an inverted Vee or something!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.