Field Day Safety Officer - covid precautions

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K2WPM, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KM4FVI

KM4FVI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting….

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  2. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

One of the clubs I belong to plans to furnish some hand sanitizers, a wash station, and wipes but forgo the traditional communal food service. Everyone is responsible for their own personal safety for Covid, or - as normally done - any other common communicable malady (cold, flu, norovirus, etc.). No arguments, no drama.

It’s the same here for private gatherings, public gatherings, restaurants and businesses, which have essentially no restrictions anymore (except medical offices, long term care facilities, and hospitals). So I see no reason for a club to assume any additional responsibilities for a field day gathering.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    PU2OZT and KK9W like this.
  3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You are free to listen to so-called "fact-checkers" or seek out some information on your own. There is plenty out there on all sides of the issue.

"Of the 700 physicians responding to an internet survey by the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS), nearly 60 percent said they were not “fully vaccinated” against COVID."
    The AAPS survey also showed that 54 percent of physician respondents were aware of patients suffering a “significant adverse reaction.” Of the unvaccinated physicians, 80 percent said “I believe the risk of shots exceeds the risk of disease,” and 30% said, “I already had COVID.”

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons has represented physicians in all specialties since 1943."

https://aapsonline.org/majority-of-physicians-decline-covid-shots-according-to-survey/

K8BZ, PU2OZT and KM4FVI like this.
  4. KM4FVI

I agree….it just so happens that I have a good friend that is a BA pilot and he told me their government is covering up the truth so I will not beat a dead horse! He refused the shot and was being sanctioned by BA until they needed him to fill the void left by the pilots undergoing medical evaluations.

It saddens me to no end…..

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    K3XR likes this.
  5. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Seriously??

"The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is an ultra-right-wing non-profit association that promotes a range of scientifically discredited hypotheses, including the belief that HIV does not cause AIDS, that being gay reduces life expectancy, that there is a link between abortion and breast cancer, and that there is a causal relationship between vaccines and autism."

You are free to search out internet information that confirms your bias, but if you believe the AAPS promotes evidence based medicine, I have some property in Florida I'd like to sell you.

..............Bob <----------wondering why folks don't actually check the stuff they post first

AE0MI, K7JEM, WA1GXC and 1 other person like this.
  6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It saddens me you believe this.

7. KM4FVI

Here’s to being sad; Cheers!

K3XR likes this.
  8. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

PU2OZT likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.