Field Day Safety Officer - covid precautions

Discussion in 'On-Air Operations - Q&A' started by K2WPM, Jun 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W4HWD

W4HWD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    N8AFT, PU2OZT and K3XR like this.
  2. KS2G

KS2G Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N3AWS, W4PG and AG6QR like this.
  3. W4HWD

W4HWD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you a doctor? A non-partisan researcher? Or are you just parroting what you heard on CNN?

Point is, if you want to play with experimental substances be my guest. I'll pass.

Have a nice day.

PU2OZT likes this.
  4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You do realize that you're still more likely to get into a car accident than have an issue with the vaccine right? We enter risky situations every day and we accept risk because we determine it's an acceptable risk to accomplish what we are trying to accomplish. I get in my truck every day to go to work, because while I know there is a risk. I deem that risk acceptable so that I can go to work and pay my mortgage, and take care of my family.

The biggest issue I see with the COVID vaccines is the "hyperbole" being injected into media / social media surrounding the COVID vaccines. The risk sounds a whole lot worse when you have talking-heads on TV screaming "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE IF YOU TAKE IT!!!!".

Today's media makes their money by creating "public outrage" even when there isn't really anything to be outraged about. That is exactly what they are doing and it's exactly why so many people are afraid to get vaccinated. Go read the subjects of the major news articles today. They always include words like SLAMS, CRUSHES, SEIZED, OUTRAGE, CONFRONTATION, RACIST, PUMMELED, TEARS INTO. I literally just checked a news feed and all of these words came up in the title of this major news site article.

The US Northeast has some of the highest vaccination rates and they also have the lowest positive COVID test rates. Most people didn't die because of the COVID vaccines. They died because they had got COVID.

If I have one thing to say to people about COVID and COVID vaccines is, don't let the media indoctrinate you into doing something that isn't in your best interest just so they can make more money. I promise you. None of them have your best interest in mind. The only thing on their mind is how much money they can make off of making you outraged about anything because your emotional state is literally their "money maker".

WG7X, N3AWS and W4PG like this.
  5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You should do what you find to be in your best interest...I do.

N8AFT and K1SZO like this.
  6. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

They way I look at it is, I'm not worried about getting it, I'm scared as heck of giving it loved ones, relatives, friends. Forget about protecting yourself. Protect others. Every one of the 600,000+ Americans who died of Covid got it from someone. The main things contributing to the spread of the disability and death caused by covid is ignorance, stupidity and selfishness.

AJ4WC and N3AWS like this.
  7. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury, "Who wants to live forever?". Life under Covid restrictions isn't worth living - if the price of getting them dropped is a shot of vaccine, bring it on!

Martin (G8FXC)

8. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

KS2G might not be but he is spot on. And yes, I am a doctor.

Pretty much the only serious cases we are now seeing of COVID are in folks who are not vaccinated. There are reports of folks testing positive for COVID after vaccinated but they typically are asymptomatic. The vaccine is not 100% effective in stopping one from testing positive but it is nearly 100% effective in stopping serious infections.

If you look at the trends across the country where COVID cases are rising, it's all where there are low rates of vaccination. Maybe that is a coincidence, then again, maybe not.

The mRNA vaccine technology has been around since the SARS outbreak in the early 2000s. I fully respect people who choose not to get the vaccine because they fear long term consequences. However, don't waste your time gambling because your interpretation of "risk" is seriously flawed base on the science of what we know about risks from dying from COVID and risks from vaccination.

N0TZU and WG7X like this.
  9. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

For my medical needs, I always buy brand-name prophylactic pharmaceutical agents, not those crappy generics at the Dollar Store.

It's Clorox (t.m.) all the way down-the-hatch and up the poop-chute for me.

Down the hatch. Cheers.

P.S. The little blue Christmas tree-lights are the easiest to use.

Find info on Darwin Awards online--Nominate yourself and do the gene pool a solid.

10. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's why some of us waited until a few hundred thousand people had a chance to develop side-effects, and deemed the risk of those side effects less than severe or long-haul COVID.

N3AWS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.