Field Day In SAN DIEGO....includes FREE RV and Tent camping

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KR1SS, May 31, 2011.

?

Are you planning on joining us for Field Day?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2011.
  1. Yes

40.0%
  2. Yes and camping too

20.0%
  3. Yes, I want to spend time on the radio

20.0%
  4. Yes, I'll be there Saturday for BBQ and Pot Luck

40.0%
  5. Yes, I'll be there to help set up

40.0%
  6. Yes, I'll be there to set up and operate

20.0%
  7. Yes, I'll be there to set up, operate and tear down

20.0%
  8. Yes, I'll be there to operate ham gear for the first time

40.0%
  9. Yes, to some of all of the above

20.0%
  10. No, I won't be attending Field Day with the ARCEC

40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KR1SS

KR1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Fred, thanks for giving us this really cool resource to get information out about our Club's Field Day Events. We'll see you at Quartzfest in January...[/SIZE]

Amateur Radio Club of El Cajon

Field Day 2011 is right around the corner...June 25th and 26th, and the Amateur Radio Club of El Cajon wants you to spend your weekend with us at our Field Day site in San Diego. Here's a little information about our Field Day.

Our Field Day site will be at:

"Cubic"
    9233 Balboa Ave. in San Diego California

Amateur Radio Exams will be provided by SANDARC VEC at 1:00pm, Saturday morning, June 25th. To test, bring with you, $5.00 cash (exact change preffered), a "goventment issued" picture ID, your FRN (federal registration number), Original copy of your Amateur License (if you're upgrading) and a copy of your Amateur License to leave with the VE Team. Form 605 will be available for you to complete at the Exam Site.

If you plan on testing, please let our Field Day Chairman know fieldday2011@wa6bgs.us Walk in's are always welcome! but knowing how many will be testing sure helps in setting up the test site

As usual, we'll need help setting up antennas, computer network, etc., on Friday, June 24th. The day will start fairly early, around 9:00am at the Club's storage shed in Lakeside to load up our equipment. From there it's off to our Field Day site for setup around noon. If you think you'll be able to help out or attend Field Day with us, please let our Field Day Chairman know fieldday2011@wa6bgs.us .

We'll need trucks and/or trailers to transport equipment...want to use yours?

If set up isn't your thing, drop by anyway and give our crew moral support. As it stands now, we'll have 6 stations set up at our Field Day site including one dedicated to digital modes and CW. If you have an inkling to get on the air, we'll have plenty of space available at the microphones or, if digital operations is where your heart lies, grab the bug or keyboard and have at it.

If you're thinking of making a whole weekend out of Field Day, we have FREE" spaces for Dry Camping for tents and RV's.

As scheduling will be necessary, please let us know your interests. We have a comprehensive Field Day website located at: http://arcec.wa6bgs.us/fd2011/ where can see our Field Day Plan and sign up.

We also had a winner of our Club Field Day T-Shirt Logo Contest back in April, Daniel KJ6IOB. Daniel's logo will be on the back of our 2011 Field Day T-Shirts (and can be seen and ordered at: http://arcec.wa6bgs.us/fd2011/?p=715). ARCEC Field Day T-Shirts cost $10.00 and come in sizes ranging from "Small Child" to "Adult XXXXL" (4XL). Sorry for the short notice, but, in order to receive our Field Day T-Shirts for delivery to you by Field Day, we must have all orders in by midnight, next Thursday, June 2nd.

Our Field Day Chairman's philosophy on Field Day Operations kinda says it all:

"Field Day is an all encompassing Amateur Radio Weekend which incorporates communications setup and operation in less than favorable conditions, Contesting, Comaraderie, Education and most important to some.Food!

My goals for Field Day are primarily based around Elmering. Sure, making a boatload of contacts is great, being able to make contacts using alternate power is great, sending or receiving NTS messages is great, setting up antennas is great, hooking up a computer network is great, connecting radios to power supplies, tuners and antennas is great, but, it's even greater to teach our newer hams to do these things while we're at it. During our 24 hour Field Day operation, walking new hams through making contactsand watching them make their first contact is priceless.

I remember watching KI6UPY work 15 meters for 6 hours back in 2009, tirelessly, without receiving a single contact. He didn't give up though.Through perserverance, around 22:00 he made "that" contact with a station I believe in PennsylvaniaI thought he was going to jump off the porch with excitement! That very same Field Day, I remember a 9 year old little girl, KI6UPY's sister (who wasn't a ham yet), sitting at the radio and calling CQ with her brother. She didn't make a single contact, but, she got the bug anyway! Just 21 days later, this 9 year old tested and passed her Technician exam. To me, that's what Field Day is all about!"

I hope you'll join us at Field Day..

Steve Weed KO4QT
    Field Chairman

Attached Files:

2. W1CTM

W1CTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree with you Steve... Thank you Fred! Field day should be exciting this year. It's much closer to home, I just passed my General exam yesterday so this will really be my first field day on the air. Now to just get over the mic fright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.