ad: Amateur-1

Field Day 2020, the Coronavirus and (D) Delta Stations

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2BBQ, May 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If ya can't understand the issue, OM, why don't you take notes?

Or do you understand perfectly well and this is just the day you tweak poor old NNF? :D

2. N4QX

N4QX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Question has been asked and answered: Find a battery or deal with working people for zero points.

That the answer may be unsatisfying (and I concede it may be unsatisfying) does not render it a non-answer.

KK5JY, N3AWS, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  3. AJ4WC

AJ4WC Ham Member QRZ Page

I’m working on 5-band WAS, so I use Field Day as an opportunity to fill in some blanks.

I will say that I think that one of the main purposes of FD is to encourage EmComm.

Not allowing D’s to get credit for working each other encourages hams to rig up emergency power so they can convert to E, which aids the EmComm aspect. So I don’t think they’ll ever relent on Ds working each other for credit. They are intentionally trying to force D’s to upgrade to E.

Also... If it’s cheating to work as an A from your back yard, then wouldn’t it be cheating to charge your battery with commercial power during breaks while operating class E? Class E is intended to simulate disaster operation where power isn’t available.

It should be work until your battery is dead, then you’re out. The exception would be for solar, since it is still available during disasters.

4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Much of amateur radio is based on the honor system. I'll leave my reply at that...

AJ4WC and KU4X like this.
  5. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The ARRL DX contest doesn't allow contacts between stateside stations to count. So there is precedent already.

6. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: May 21, 2020 at 8:14 PM
  7. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Anybody planning to activate an EOC? I did that one year and it was cool, dry, and comfortable. Plus it was a heck of a lot of fun!

8. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

Isn’t it considered it’s own entity?

9. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

One disallowed contact counts as precedent.

10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did I say it was a non-answer? No. Go back and read my posts. I will say I doubt it's the only or the final answer, OM.