FH/UA4WHX Mayotte

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K8BZ, Jul 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yesterday I received my QSLs from Vlad for two contacts with him in Mayotte in Februdary 2019. The envelope sent from Russia was postmarked April 15, 2020. So even with the postal slow down from Covid-19 I still received the card in a little over 3 months.

I have worked Vlad from several DX locations. He no longer uses LoTW but requests a quite reasonable payment via PayPal. His detailed instructions on his QRZ page. Every QSL request I have sent following his instructions has been answered.

2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good to know. I worked Vlad some years ago in Egypt, my only contact there, but have always been hesitant to request a QSL because of his, um, unusual requirements. I'd never heard of anyone actually receiving a card from him, then again I never really asked.

Thanks for the info!

3. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Received a card in the mail yesterday from Vladimir M. Bykov for several SU9VB QSO's from 2011 and 2012. I had forgotten that I had made the request.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I emailed a batch to Vlad of about 6 requests, $9 iirc. I got them all but one that I guess was NIL. Reasonably prompt. Nice cards all.

5. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

I wasn't quite sure of Vlad's PP request but went with it anyway. Got the Mayotte card with it.
    Mike N3PM

K5WY likes this.