Female Ham Needing Safe Shelter

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KD0ETX, Aug 16, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope she is safe.

She never did come back.

She may be out fishing. o_O

2. N7ZAL

N7ZAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Might of just been a thought experiment?

3. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah yes... that was it. I did get them confused. It was a good flick..

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

4. KD0ETX

KD0ETX Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL That is good to know. I was only headed that way because there was something about the name. Thanks for the heads up.

5. KD0ETX

Sorry I got this started and then wandered off, but that is what I do. Wander off. I don't come to QRZ much and didn't realize there were so many comments and interest in my madness. LOL

Update on my trip: I got sidetracked.

I followed through on the moving out, sold my stuff, gave up my apartment, and packed my car. I had signed up for a FEMA training in AL and decided to follow through on. They were were flying me down there for an all expenses paid three days (five total with travel) of training at the Center for Domestic Preparedness in beautiful Anniston, AL and I got the frequent flyer miles.

That insane schedule means I had yard sales the last week of August AND the first week of September. The second yard sale ended Sunday. Monday I was supposed to be out of the apartment. Tuesday I was scheduled to be on a morning flight to Atlanta.

Boys and girls, I do not recommend taking an out of state trip in the middle of a move. It was brutal. I didn't get my apartment cleaned up, but a friend volunteered to finish it for me. I handed over the key Tuesday at 0900 hours and was on my plane at 1140 hours the same morning. Everything I owned with the exception of my camera which I had forgotten in the apartment and the few supplies I took to AL stayed in my car for five days at the airport.

I flew back Saturday which involved being up at 0500 and not getting back to KC until 1700 hours with most of that spent at airports waiting for flights. I had told a friend about my insanity and he offered a place to stay at least overnight to recover from the travel. Some how I am still here. I have moved about twenty miles.

At this rate, I should end up in WA sometime mid-spring of 2027.

6. KD0ETX

Wandering in an RV or something similar is exactly what I want to do with my life. I have already named it "The Wander Away." I just need the money to buy it.

7. KD0ETX

I am safe. I need to learn how to fish though. Well, the fishing part is easy, its the what to do with the fish once you catch it that I don't know.

KA9JLM likes this.
  8. KD0ETX

I will have to check that out.

9. AC4RD

AC4RD Ham Member QRZ Page

As one who grew up in that era, I can safely say, you do not EAT bad weed in a VW microbus, you SMOKE bad weed in a VW microbus. ;-)

10. KK4PLD

KK4PLD Ham Member QRZ Page

Youtube is my friend for stuff like that.

K0PB likes this.