Female Ham Needing Safe Shelter

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KD0ETX, Aug 16, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm essentially in Tacoma (University Place is a "suburb city" to Tacoma).... ping me if you need/want any tips about this area. Lived in the area my whole life and know the region quite well. PM or email any time.

Stay safe - don't do stupid stuff!!

Dave
    W7UUU

2. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Yup, that's the Virginian.

Congrats to all!!! You've now seen Medicine Bow.

Now have pity on me since I have to commute through three times a week :eek:

3. W7CJD

W7CJD Ham Member QRZ Page

If going through Montana, Highway 2 is a scenic drive (except for forest fire smoke - you might make a change of plans) you are welcome at my house enroute.

4. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hostel?

5. WD4ERA

WD4ERA Ham Member QRZ Page

If going thru Pinedale Wy let me know I can call friends there if it would work out .

6. KG7OTL

KG7OTL Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont know your exact route but, this info might help.
    Look up the utah vhf society. Intermountain intertie, 5 states, 25 2m repeaters linked together. Wy, Id, Ut, Nv, Az. You can get on it east of rock springs, wy and ride it all the way to eastern Or. You can talk into North Az, Las Vegas, boise, idaho falls, salt lake city, Yellowstone park and very nearly everywhere in between. There is ALWAYS someone to talk to.... you will need to change repeaters as you move along. Rock springs, Kemmerer, Montpellier, Pocatello, Burley, Boise. Also, if you are going through Yellowstone, Sawtell on the Id-Mt line is the only repeater reachable from the park. If you are going through Mt, there is a linked system there that covers most of the state. And it can be linked to the intertie. The details can be found at, http://utahvhfs.org/
    Good Luck! Drive safe
    Tom in se idaho

7. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll add a vote for the Intermountain Intertie. In Colorado, look for the Colorado Repeater Association and Colorado Connection repeaters near your route, and there are other systems
    linked in the region, connecting Denver to Salt Lake area. Wyoming has a linked system you can hit in some strange places along I-80 and parts of I-25. When you get to Western Washington, you will be in range of some WIN System repeaters - in fact there's one in southern Idaho now, too.

8. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought Wild was the movie about the guy who ate the bad weed in an ole VW bus at the end...?? He trekked across the country and stayed in folks homes and camped out.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

9. W3GSD

W3GSD Ham Member QRZ Page

wish I could help but the judge said "just one more time and that's it" lol. good luck in your travels and stay safe.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

No, you're thinking of "Into the Wild". Different flick - but good! Oh, and it was an old school bus not a VW. Fairly closely based on true events.

Dave
    W7UUU