ad: M2Ant-1

Feeling feeble minded!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4KJG, Aug 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I took down my main ham station at our farm in WV late last October and packed it away at our new home in town. I have a pretty similar setup at our "snowbird home" on a beach in southern NC which I used from about last November to about early May this year.

I finally pulled out the computer, SDR, my old reliable Ten Tec equipment, and a bunch of other things like antenna tuners/tools, etc., here at our house in town. I got a temporary antenna up last week.

After updating all the software on the computer, finding all my audio/IF/RF/digital and control cables I was finally getting signals on the computer screen and in my headphones late last night.

I don't have a lot of spare time for ham-related fun this time of year. On my lunch break today I brought up SDR Console and WSJT to find lots of signals on 40 and 20 meters -- but none of the FT8 signals would decode. Everything looked and sounded perfect.

I had to go back out on the tractor after a quick lunch at my computer, and then I had to take my bride to an appointment. We got back about an hour ago, and nothing had decoded while I was out.

Brain Cramp time!

I forgot to synchronize the computer clock!

At a mere 71 years old I shouldn't be this numb brained!;)

My old regenerative receivers and CW transmitters never required this much to make a contact!:D

Old Ken
    W4KJG

W0VRA likes this.
  2. W4ZD

W4ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, I feel ancient at 69, and I surely could use a realignment. Couple of fuses need replacing, too. :D

3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

You growing Terbackkie?

4. KL7FZ

KL7FZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah. Well I think............ulp! What were we talking about?

5. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

You can get an attack of brain fade at any age!

W4KJG likes this.
  6. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

What about a brain cloud?

7. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I seem to get earworms every day. This morning it was "Friend of the Devil"

8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! I keep forgetting to reset to the CQ msg when I change bands, so I'm calling somebody who's not there.

9. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

"Cannot Brain Today … I Haz The Dumb!"

W4NNF likes this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Two words (or one word and a number): Dimension 4.

I did the same thing you did--doh!--a time or two in the beginning. But then I heard about Dimension 4, which is free, and I've never had to worry about time updates again. the PC clock is always right on the money.