ad: ProAudio-1

fee for renewing a "Vanity call"?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N9AER, Apr 10, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not making a mountain out of anything. This was just after the ULS went online and my FRN was definitely not on my license at the time. Or were you there that day and know better? :)

2. W4NNF

It is _now_. ;)

Which wasn't the point anyway. My POINT as above is that ULS is easy to use and there's no reason to involve a third party.

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Gosh, that was MY original point!

4. W4NNF

My earlier post was, "Let me add that the using the FCC's ULS is no more difficult than going to one of the websites that will do it for you and paying them. " Actually, I should have said LESS difficult, really. :)

KU4X and K7JEM like this.
  5. N2SUB

N2SUB Ham Member QRZ Page

If you click the button, it takes you to a page with your FRN. BTW, yours is:

It's public record. ;)

6. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes.
    My misstatement was corrected earlier.
    See my post #19. :)

N2SUB likes this.
  7. N2SUB

Sorry, I didn't see that. I'm a drummer, I can only count to 4 and subdivide. :)

KU4X likes this.
  8. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

If you were from Vienna, you could only count to three! Play any Brubeck?

N2SUB likes this.
  9. N2SUB

I make an exception for Brubeck....and Rush. Luckily I got my degree in classical percussion before I got involved in playing as a "drummer". In this part of the country, if you're a drummer you're really not a musician, so I play the part of Animal from the Muppets or I don't get a lot of gigs. It kinda sucks 'cause I also sing and play guitar, but you do whatever it takes. ;)

10. W0VRA

W0VRA Ham Member QRZ Page

Way off topic now! I know they do some time signature changes; are there some weird time sigs, too?

I heard a snip of a Peart interview that went something like, "My mom asks why I don't smile when I play. I tell her, 'Because what I do is hard.'"