ad: elecraft

FCC ULS System Outage

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KD2GIY

KD2GIY Ham Member QRZ Page

Arrested my foot. Shame on you for thinking the FCC gives a rat's @$$ or even has the time. Go on 40m every night and shame the guys that act like animals. 73, don't get old

2. AD2EE

AD2EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I hear that Uncle Charlie, under the auspices of Congressperson Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Green New Deal, will be taxing the power emitted from our HAM shacks - the more watts we use the more dollars we lose! Antenna towers and supports won't be excluded - the higher we go the more we owe! :eek:

KA0HCP and W1YW like this.
  3. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I am beginning to think that I must preface everything I say with this, so here goes: Please do not infer any particular political leaning from this question. It is just a question.

Where did you read this? And are you willing to share?

4. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The major part of the issue is that it is not an "act".

It's the real deal, often during the daytime too.................... Jus Sayin

1 person likes this.
  5. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Amen. Don't want to advertise but it's been going on at 7200 for 5 years, non-stop, every day, and it shifts to 3860 at night. Truly disgusting. Anyhow... this just in:

FCC ya? Commission staffers were notified Wednesday that if the current continuing resolution lapses without a spending deal in place, the agency will shut down Saturday. “The FCC doesn’t have sufficient funds to delay shutting down, as we did the last time,” an agency spokesman said. Just like during the previous shutdown, the FCC would cease most of its operations.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/morning-tech/2019/02/14/shutdown-prep-take-two-393776

6. K0AJS

K0AJS Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to be updated today! Good job QRZ team!

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, worse.

Carbon tax on respiration. ALL that CO2!!

IOW a tax on "Every Breath You Take'.

K0DD and AD2EE like this.
  8. AD2EE

AD2EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A little 'birdie' told me! ;);)

9. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Once a little birdie told me that grass was blue and sky was green. I just paid him no mind. :)

AD2EE likes this.
  10. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Last minute betting begins:

Will there be another FCC shutdown or will congress vote to spend a gazillion dollars on a bill they've never read?

I will donate $1 to save the whales if there's a shutdown.

https://savethewhales.org

11. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Re: Carbon tax, building the wall, facetious issues with one another, health care in the US, discussion about racism in America, freedom of speech, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and the Green Deal... etc.. etc.. etc..

We're tolerant of off topic discussion to a certain extent, but let's no go off the rails here please.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    KM1H and K0AJS like this.
  12. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Thanks for the comments. We did a full update today and finally got the records missing from Feburary 5th. We're thankful for that.

Closing the thread now because it has drifted.

K0DD and AD2EE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.