ad: Flexradio-1

FCC Releases 630m and 2200m Bands - Operators Must Register

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM4BLG, Sep 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM4BLG

KM4BLG Ham Member QRZ Page

The FCC announced September 15, 2017 that it would be opening the new 630m and 2200m bands to US operators. These frequencies are to be used on a secondary basis. Before operating, stations much register with the UTC (Utility Technology Council). UTC will verify that there are no PLC (Power Line Carrier) systems running on the same frequencies within 1km. If no response from UTC is received within 30 days of submission, said operator will be clear to operate on these frequencies. You can register online below.

Register With UTC: https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/

Source: http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-opens-...nds-stations-must-notify-utc-before-operating

Attached Files:

KO6KL, WB4Z, K2NCC and 1 other person like this.
  2. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the registration page link (thanks ARRL!):

https://utc.org/plc-database-amateur-notification-process/

Took me 1 minute. Just lookup the degrees/minutes/seconds, not the decimal degrees, of your QTH lat/long (thanks QRZ!) and input it.

3. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

This article on QRZ has a link to setup a KML overlay that you can open in a mapping program (like Google Earth), and will help you figure out how to map the powerlines, to see if you are within 1km.

http://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/hams-map-powerlines-for-low-frequency-interference.581662/

Took me a few tries--take out the double quotation marks and it worked. You may have to move the map around to see your QTH--my map kept showing somewhere in Italy until I moved to my QTH, and then I saw the lines.

I took this to Google Maps, opened the KML file, and used the ruler tool to measure the distance to the nearest powerline points all around. Looks like I'm outside 1km :)

Of course, if they don't respond within 30 days, looks like you're in the clear either way. Jump on it now and hopefully you can be part of the deluge and maybe sneak in.

4. AE7XG

AE7XG Ham Member QRZ Page

thanks for the heads up.

5. KO6KL

KO6KL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

you can get your position from your qrz detail page.
    anyone know of something i can just buy that would take the DRV 1mw output from the ts-590 and amp that up to something that would work on 630m ??? seems like a pretty big market out there with all the 590's in use....

6. K9RMR

K9RMR Ham Member QRZ Page

All I have is a Baofeng BF-F9 V2+ Hand Held Radio at the moment but when I am able to upgrade to a bigger and better radio like the Icon 7300 or Icon 7851 (If I win the lottery) I think it will be nice to be able to access these addition frequencies for use. After al it is better to have more frequencies than are needed that 1 too few when a bad situation arises. I registered. It was real easy took about 2-3 minutes. If you don't know your location on the map just go to www.google.com and type in "GPS Coordinates" and it will take you to a web page where you can type in your street address with zip code and it will give you your gps location. simply copy that information onto the form and then fill out the rest of the basic information and hit send, it really is pretty simply md straight forward and as i said earlier it tok about 2-3 minutes to do everything and in about a month I should be legal to transmit on the new frequencies, assuming of coarse I have a radio at that time that can in fat broadcast to those frequencies.
    Good day & God Bless...
    Randall M. Rueff
    K9RMR

KD2DPE, W6ERM and AJ4VF like this.
  7. AF7EC

AF7EC Ham Member QRZ Page

John, are you trying to be mean to Randall???

KN4EQG and W7LDG like this.
  8. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

The rudeness of some people is beyond me. The guy already is a General Class ham, BTW.

Carry on, Randall.

9. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not write one word of that mess. Not sure how that got on this forum under my name and call sign, but I DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THAT GARBAGE! Randall, keep up the good work. Go for Extra class. K4AGO is pulling for you. And, GOD bless you and your family.

N4GST, AJ4VF, AF7EC and 3 others like this.
  10. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

In that case, obviously you should change your password ASAP.

11. W6QT

W6QT Ham Member QRZ Page

Randall, you'll do just fine in this hobby. Read a lot and seek advice from elmers in a local club.

DU3/W6QT

KD2DIK likes this.
  12. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I changed my password right after I saw the hacked post. Thanks for you advice.

AF7EC and K0OKS like this.
  13. KD2DIK

KD2DIK QRZ Member QRZ Page

K4AGO THATS NOT VERY NICE TO BE SAYINF THOSE THINGS ON HERE YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF

14. 9Z4Z

9Z4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

If you changed your password, then you can also delete the contents of the post!!! Why don't you?

15. F4HPX

F4HPX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, Randal got General.
    But there is a long way from Baofeng to these bands, IC-7851 will not help at all (at least for transmit) and as far as I know there is no much commercial equipment for these bands. Juma is making some kits... pretty affordable, but how about (efficient) antennas for these bands?