FCC PERMITS CERTAIN OBSCENITIES

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KU4XU

KU4XU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello All,
    All I can say is ," Say it on the radio and see what happens." You might not like it!

73, KU4XU, Daryl

2. K3BRJ

K3BRJ Ham Member QRZ Page

This Is Indeed A Very Sad Day, Indeed...True, the F Word is used off, but so is the Familiar Bleep, on Show's like "The People's Court," and Judge Judy, to name two. It is sad that the FCC, who I have Long Revered, Now Thinks Some Obscenity is okay. There was a time when NO Obscenity was tolerated on the Airwaces, in any way shape or Form!!!!! I ask that the FCC re-examine what it's done, and reconsider it's decision-Even if It Let's it Stand-this time, Don't Make THE Same Decision Again, I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

3. K3BRJ

This Is Indeed A Very Sad Day, Indeed...True, the F Word is used off, but so is the Familiar Bleep, on Show's like "The People's Court," and Judge Judy, to name two.  It is sad that the FCC, who I have Long Revered, Now Thinks Some Obscenity is okay.  There was a time when NO Obscenity was tolerated on the Airwaces, in any way shape or Form!!!!!  I ask that the FCC re-examine what it's done, and reconsider it's decision-Even if It Let's it Stand-this time, Don't Make THE Same Decision Again, I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

4. K3BRJ

This Is Indeed A Very Sad Day, Indeed...True, the F Word is used off, but so is the Familiar Bleep, on Show's like "The People's Court," and Judge Judy, to name two.  It is sad that the FCC, who I have Long Revered, Now Thinks Some Obscenity is okay.  There was a time when NO Obscenity was tolerated on the Airwaves, in any way shape or Form!!!!!  I ask that the FCC re-examine what it's done, and reconsider it's decision-Even if It Let's it Stand-this time, Don't Make THE Same Decision Again, I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

5. AA1MN

AA1MN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't mind it one bit. As a matter of fact, I rather enjoy viewing, listenting to, and reading objectionable material with foul and obscene references.

So how does it feel to want?

Chuck, AA1MN

6. W6RP

W6RP Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3BRJ @ Jan. 06 2004,19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Two things come to mind. The first is turn the dial if you're offended. Second, foul language is only determined foul by the society or community. I do not see anything wrong with what a majority of the US population may deem as foul though I will refrain from using such language as not to offend others or come into conflict with local decency laws (ie there is a law in Michigan that will land you in jail and/or fine you for using foul language in earshot of minors). One could argue that because there is a split between what is deemed foul language and what is proper, also causes a split in society. It could then be postulated that this split is also the cause of some violence in said society.

7. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (K3BRJ @ Jan. 06 2004,19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">.  There was a time when NO Obscenity was tolerated on the Airwaves, in any way shape or Form!!!!!  I ask that the FCC re-examine what it's done, and reconsider it's decision-Even if It Let's it Stand-this time, Don't Make THE Same Decision Again, I DON'T WANT MY NIECE, OR ANY CHILD HEARING THIS, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!![/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    He said it again, and I will....

The time he is refering to is in late 1969, to 1970. We were hearing the damn word on tv. And my parents joined with the whole town to write to the FCC, the Governer, Senators, Legistators, and Hollywood, along with every other town in the country, boycotting their products they advertise. And in no time, there was no more damn word on the air.

What happened to us? Why can't we do that now? if we don't want our children and grand children sounding like the gudder, then it's up to US!! If my parents and all kinds of other parents didn't do this, the way it is now would have been this bad in the late 70's or early 80's, and now, we probably wouldn't be able to hear anything on tv or on the car radio without every other word being the F word and all kinds of other words.

It's up to you!!! What kind of enviroment do you want YOUR kids to live in???

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

there is an article today (1-11) on this subject indicating possible legislation.  go to the drudge website and click on "lawmaker tackles dirty words on tv" i think the web site it takes you to is  the san fran. chronicle website, so you can also likely go direct to that site.
    dan,k3xr

9. AA1MN

AA1MN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's up to you!!! What kind of enviroment do you want YOUR kids to live in???[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I'd like myself, and my children, to live in a society where there is the freedom to hear and use whatever language -- obscene or otherwise -- I or they want to use or listen to.

Should you not wish to live in such a society with these freedoms DO NOT TAKE THEM AWAY FROM ME OR OTHERS WHO WISH

10. n0zu

n0zu Ham Member QRZ Page

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>That says it is for brodcasters

Ham radio operators are not Brodcasters
    and we have different rules and regs. to live by

READ THE FINE PRINT
    IT TALKS ABOUT BRODCASTERS
    NOT HAM OPERATORS</span>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.