FCC Noncommital on Code Changes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. N7SPY

N7SPY Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't matter to me whether the requirement is eliminated because I'm learning Morse Code regardless...

... but leave my spectrum alone [​IMG]

2. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

...and here we go again! Come on Fred, you knew this would happen.

73 all - enjoy.

3. N9XV

N9XV Ham Member QRZ Page

All I know is that I "earned" my 20-WPM privelages and it feels great!

4. N0OV

N0OV Guest

Life won't be the same if they eliminate CW.

Hey, wait a minute -- they aren't eliminating it. I can still use CW on the air.

OK then. [​IMG]
    ----------------------
    Seriously, ditto on what they said.

5. K8PBX

K8PBX Ham Member QRZ Page

My prediction is that the FCC will decide to keep Morse code as a testing requirement for Extra class.

Just seems like the right thing to do.

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Always there for the freebee:

7. N6BOA

N6BOA Ham Member QRZ Page

K8PBX...that's nice, classy.

8. WB9IIV

WB9IIV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Wonder if the Big 3 Kenwood,Icom &Yaesu are in a tizzy wondering if they should continue having CW avail on there rigs?  :0  And maybe they have a stockpile to deplete.And if no CW could they be called all-mode  rigs? [​IMG] Maybe this is why this issue is still brewing with the FCC and the Big 3 [​IMG]  Money talks  [​IMG]

Cheers de wb9iiv

9. NA0D

NA0D Ham Member QRZ Page

Always there to reciprocate.

10. KE4CPC

KE4CPC Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't know why we make such a big deal about CW anymore anyways... The whole of the community is 'dumbing down' and even those who did study for 20 WPM and 18 WPM are using computers to do their CW for them now... In fact, most contests that have a CW multiplier ofen cause the CW portions of the bands to be crowded with guys that don't even know code anymore. But their computers are tapping it out at 25-40 WPM and it's become taboo to send "PSE QRS" anymore.

I enjoy a real CW QSO where the person on the other end is listening and either copying to paper or copying to memory, what the other station is sending. Not this junk where it's sent from a keyboard and received on a screen, didn't they used to call that packet? I think packet's faster though... So then what's the point except to get points during a stupid contest.

Then that brings me back to the original topic, why have we allowed code to get to the point where it's at now? What difference is it going to make if we just let any boob with a cracker jack license as an appliance operator get on and use HF? They don't know code so they'll either stay off the CW bands or they'll flood it with digital-noise. (40+ CW with precision spacing could be the same as digital noise)

I guess if the FCC allows any boob with a microphone down on the HF bands, then it won't be long before they allow their microphone on all the bands. Apparently nothing is sacred anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.