ad: elecraft

FCC MUM ON MORSE CODE ISSUE

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep ugly goes all the way to the BONES ......

2. AE7XQ

AE7XQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I will just have to make certain that I do my research so that I can build a solid and stable unit. I hope that I can find some good CW on 6.

3. WA4GCH

In the last year i MIGHT have heard ONE CW station lots of luck ......

4. WA4DOU

WA4DOU Ham Member QRZ Page

And what is the significance of the fact that in the past year WA4GCH admits to only hearing 1 cw station on 6 meters? None, since the majority of stations on 6 meters wouldn't know a cw signal if it bit them on the rear end.

I've only been on 6 meters, perhaps a total of a dozen hours in the past year, yet I've observed possibly as many as 20 cw signals in that time. There's a moral to this story. Can you figure it out?

5. N2MMM

N2MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

If you hear a CW signal on 6 metersand have the ability to reply, do so. Furthermore, even if you don't hear anyone, CQ on 6 anyway and get the word out about what you are doing. chances are someone will eventually hear you and you can QSO.

6. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

And just WHO will be qualified to "grade" such a test?

Remember, it's the VE's and VEC's who choose the answer pool, er, I mean question pool, already. So WHO will be qualified to grade an essay exam for Amateur licensure? (Without further degrading the whole system.)

7. WA4GCH

"12 hours 20 stations"
    HOW MANY SSB STATIONS? I've sent out in the last year 400 cards and one on AM .... HERE BESIDE THE CW JAMMER  one station .... on 50.105 and a while back another on 50.070.even during contests it is not common to hear any CW on 6 ...

My station is set up for AM/FM/CW as well as SSB and if i can't hear them not much chance anyone around here will either

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Christopher:

Forget 6 meters. Go ahead and pass your code test so you can get on the low bands and play with the big boys.

73 es GL, Mike

9. WA4GCH

HUMMMM WE ARE THE BIG BOYS ......

10. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DOU:
    Personally, I don't believe GCH's VFOs seldom visit spectrum below 50.100 MHz. It's highly unlikely he monitors or cares about the beacons or CW ops down the band. Actually, he has said so at one point in the recent past; he hates CW.

Chris:
    BTW, wait for the new sunspot cycle to peak, you'll see six meters filled to the brim with CW ops -- myself included.

It just happens to be a good majority of us are interested in F2 prop on the band, with an occasional smattering of auroral-E and meteor-scatter CW ops thrown in for good measure.

When the 6M band comes alive again, you'll find the skilled ops will be back with a vengence. Meanwhile, I second the HF ops and code aspirations someone else mentioned.

Good luck, Chris!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.