FCC License "Reference Copy" License now on Tyvek

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N4EGA, Sep 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

To me there absolutely ARE lines to read between. The way you present it I thought Envelope shipping alone was $9.00 ($18.00 Total) and that Tube shipping was $11.00 ($20.00 Total). Why not instead list the choice of shipping as FREE and $2.00 ? Just because you know better doesn't mean that everybody else will. I only thought I had it figured out when I read this: Free Shipping in an envelope will be the standard business size and will cause the print to be folded. Shipping via tube, your print will be rolled up and will be priced slightly higher. Instead of "slightly higher", why don't you specify $2.00 higher?

I am interested in an Official Copy, and wondered why you didn't mention how that would be possible if the customer went to the ULS and downloaded their "official" pdf to email to you. Then I saw this (which certainly could be more specific in meaning). Unless you provide a different copy via .pdf, you license will print with "Reference Copy" diagonal across the page.

2. KC1HLU

KC1HLU Ham Member QRZ Page

I recall a number of years ago reading that one can not have a police scanner in a car driven in NJ unless the person possessed an Amateur Radio Operator's License. I only recall this because we used to visit friends in NJ and I was not a ham back then. I was a police officer but don't recall if I was exempt or not.

3. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

The prints are the same and price is just dependent on shipping method. For the most part, I try to include shipping in all the prices so that folks don't have to play the guessing game. In this case, The two different prices are based on envelope vs. tube.

4. N3TJO

N3TJO Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The way you list it, it looks like the shipping cost is $9 or $11 in addition to the $9.00 for the license for a total cost of $18 or $20 depending on the shipping method.

If that is not your intent, you should change the shipping to be [Free] or [$2.00] or remove the $9.00 above.

Tommy

5. N4EGA

Thanks for the suggestion. Funny how something makes sense in your head, but not some one else. Haha. Ill make the change when I get home this evening.

6. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

When I said exactly the same thing you just dismissed it with a crap "explanation". It was like you didn't even read it. That is when I dropped out of the conversation.

7. N4EGA

I apologize that you inferred that my explanation was crap. I felt that I went though a good process to help you understand my stating the price as it is listed. To the poster that you reference, I gave much more simple answer, where with you I put forth more effort.

Believe it or not, YOU (and all hams) are my source of income. I am not ( or ever) going to get in a on line argument that could effect sales. Much like what I intended to have on the website, this conversation was not as clear as it should have been. Please don't let a simple misunderstanding keep you from shopping at my website! 73 and see you on the air.