FCC License "Reference Copy" License now on Tyvek

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N4EGA, Sep 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N4EGA

N4EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

100% correct. Downloaded by anyone. But with Axles And Antennas, it's on Tyvek, which makes it the cats meow!

AG3Q likes this.
  2. N4EGA

Well, you should not have an issue, since you only got like 3 characters to remember, lol!

3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm sorry James. When I saw your product listed under "General Announcements" I didn't "connect-the-dots" to see that it was your business. :( I didn't mean to "undercut" y'all. (I'm not connected to "the card" in any way, except as a purchaser)

Had it been listed under;
    "Ham Radio For Sale"
    "Ham Made Gear" or,
    "General Merchandise",
    I would have made the connection, & not posted anything about the card.

Your product looks nice & I'll probably end up ordering one to have framed for the shack.:)

Sorry. I was thinking along the lines of something wallet size.

73 & Thanks For Your Service.

N4EGA and KB4QAA like this.
  4. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't see anything stopping you from creating your own wallet size product. That other business has a better price if you go to the correct website instead of to the ebay listing.

I contacted him twice about the possibility of customizing the logos on the card. If I remember, the first time he was out of town and was going to get back to me. Nothing heard. The second time I believe I was just ignored. I WILL NEVER LOOK AT HIS PRODUCT AGAIN ! ! !

Since he has set the bar so low, you have to be able to offer better customer service than that.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Haha... very funny :)

Dave
    W7UUU
    Formerly WB7AWK, formerly WN7AWK, CW op since 1974, Extra "old school" 1997, CW/Morse a primary mode

6. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Ham Member QRZ Page

I printed the small license from ULS, did a "ghetto" lamination with some packing tape, and stuck it in one of the many pockets in my wallet. It's been holding up fine for years, just made a new one when I upgraded earlier this year.

N7AHE likes this.
  7. N4EGA

Thanks for the reply! No problems on the mistake. I have to constantly swat "haters" of Axles And Antennas / CQmaps and sometimes end up with collateral damage. I have received more than one email about the business that gets me going. For that, I do apologize for coming off a bit too heated as well.

James

8. N4EGA

Interesting...

9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There ya go ! The "card" is the same heavy-duty type of stuff that bank "ATM" cards are made out of. Perhaps it could be made more OFFICIAL looking by changing the front & replacing most of the info on the back side of it with a FCC web-site address and/or FCC 800 number & a place for the operator's signature. (I seem to remember that a license wasn't valid until it was signed)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  10. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

Neither "Official Copy" nor "Reference Copy" printouts are licenses.

You LICENSE is the electronic record in the ULS.

Those printouts are merely hard-copy documentation that you can use to show that your license exists in the ULS.

So, although both "Official Copy" and "Reference Copy" printouts have a space for a signature ... the validity of your license has nothing to do with whether they're signed --or even whether they're ever printed out-- or not. ;)