FCC License "Reference Copy" License now on Tyvek

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N4EGA, Sep 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
  1. N4EGA

N4EGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

New from Axles And Antennas / CQmaps

Several states in the US require a copy of your FCC Amateur Radio license to be in your vehicle due to laws governing radio use. Many hams already carry a copy with them, but paper has a tendency to degrade after a while. Even worse, paper copies inside your ham radio Go-Bag are subject to inclement weather and the wear & tear of hard objects pressing against the paper.

Axles And Antennas is now shipping the FCC "Reference Copy" available on the FCC ULS site. With your callsign, Axles And Antennas will print this Reference copy on DuPont Tyvek that will withstand the elements!

For more information and ordering: https://axlesandantennas.com/collections/tyvek-fcc-amateur-radio-license/products/tyvek-fcc-license

Professional Cartographer with nearly 15 years of experience. 100% US based and Veteran owned.

Choose from our full line of Azimuthal Projection Maps, DX Entity Maps, and US Maps including the best Maidenhead Gridsquare map on the market.

All maps feature your Call Sign, Name, and QTH information.

All products are tax free and shipping is free within the US. DX Customers only pay $10 USD for international shipping.

Monday - Friday, maps are normally shipped within 24 hours.

No need to wait for international orders.

KG7OOM and N6PJB like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

For real? This is the first I have heard of it. Anybody notice this about your own state?

The durable license print-out is cool in any event. I may have to do that when I next renew.

KG7OOM and NE1U like this.
  3. N4EGA

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/2008/cite/299C.37

paragraph 'c' for example. I was very surprised. Apparently there are a few other states that require this, but not sure which ones.

KK5JY likes this.
  4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, me too. Very interesting.

5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

6. N4EGA

AG3Q and KG5NFK like this.
  7. NE1U

NE1U Ham Member QRZ Page

@N4EGA ... consider it a product suggestion. I would rather have something that fit in the wallet. Thinner than a credit card but just as tough. But, is such a format acceptable to the cop at the side of the road? Or, for that matter, would I consider it legit if someone I did not know very well wanted to use my station? I might say "no". It would still be good to have and put a QR code with the image on the back.

Reading, "... capable of receiving any radio signal, message, or information from any police emergency frequency, ...". I guess the fly in the ointment is proving that said radio is *not* capable of receiving police emergency channels. Must be intended for ambulance chasers & the like with their scanners with hams getting a pass if they have their license handy.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

AG6QR and WN2C like this.
  9. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

WD9EWK likes this.
  10. N4EGA

Just so I am not missunderstood, I am not calling into question the quality of the product. Actually, my first thought was: Damn, that's nice. Wish I would have thought of it.

I am saying, however, that to go on a posting from a business (me!) and mentioning someone else product is a bit rude.