FCC License PDF Template Error

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by W4KRD, Mar 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W4KRD

W4KRD Ham Member QRZ Page

I recently received my FCC approval for my ham license after passing Tech and General tests. I've been able to login to the FCC ULS system to download my official license document since the the FCC doesn't send them in the mail anymore except on request. I was going to have the license framed for posting at my home/station. I noticed this weekend that on the PDF output from the FCC site, the right side of the certificate has the helpful "Cut Along This" text on the INSIDE of the form, instead of the outside like all the other sides. This means you either cut on the line and end up with the words on your document or you cut a line that cuts off those words the length of the page but then the document looks wrong because the FCC logos aren't a uniform distance from the edges of the paper.

Does anyone have any idea who/how to contact to let the FCC know their template has this error? It looks like this form, FCC 660, hasn't been revised since May 2007.

Yes, I know this is extremely petty but it bugs me and I want to see about trying to get it fixed.

KJ6HZH likes this.