ad: M2Ant-1

FCC issues a Notice of Violation to Solar City for RFI Inteferance

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by NS6Q, Mar 16, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

He said Net Metering Applications and you post pdf "INTERCONNECTIONS OTHER THAN NET METERING". Apples and Camel cigarettes. That said I hear the power companies are lobbying to get the terms changed in their favor.

2. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They, the power companies, here in California have already done the alterations to the laws of how they pay and distribute power.
    When there are advertisements here for solar energy installations, they state, flat out, that your electric bill must be more that $150.00 per month.
    The power company will assess your part of their maintenance of the power grid as well as the power you actually used and present you with an annual billing.
    This billing amounts to less than $120.00 per month up to the $150.00 per month billing.
    Your actual month to month usage is irrelevant. The power company wants their profit and you're going to provide it to them regardless of how massive of a home installation you have.
    I was living in a solar powered home for over 2 years and each June I receive the bill assessment from the prior year.
    Remember, in the state of California, you must pay more than $150.00 per month while being non-solar, before it becomes economically viable to install a solar system. Getting a $1400-1800 bill each June can be taxing but remember, during the rest of the year you pay nothing. You simply wait for the yearly assessment.
    The power company always gets it's profit, no matter what (did I already post that?).

Have fun
    Gary

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  3. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

I give up, we have an expert who thinks he knows it all when every state has different net metering laws and rules. Plus he knows exactly how every manufacturer labels their panels and that so called commercial panels are sooooo much better than consumer grade when the EXACT SAME PART number is sold for both uses.

Someone needs to live it then comment!

4. WF9Q

WF9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

So going solar in at least California is moot, or less (home owner is losing money).

5. KD4UPL

KD4UPL Ham Member QRZ Page

I do know all these things. Haven't I been describing this for way too many posts now? What you just outlined is exactly how it works which is exactly what I've been saying. 1 kWh forward is counteracted by 1 kWh backward, thus your electric bill can be zero. True, they don't pay retail for generation after you've zeroed your own bill, that's why a properly sized system based on the customer's usage is important. It's what I've been describing. I'm at a loss for how to end this discussion since it's gone on way too long anyway.

6. W0AAT

W0AAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Again it is very dependent on state laws. In MN I can have up to 40kw of solar and get paid retail rate for excess production! If I use 600kwh and produce 1200 I get paid for 600kwh.

7. AI0K

AI0K Ham Member QRZ Page

No, that is not what y0u've been saying all along, but I'll let it drop.