FCC data unavailable

Discussion in 'Daily FCC Log' started by KF7WIS, Feb 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO Administrator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The FCC has failed to publish updated data for all dates since Feb. 15, 2018. We assume that there is a problem with their database and expect our data to update as soon as they remedy the problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but there is nothing that we here at QRZ can do to speed this process.

Thanks for using the site and 73
    Jaime Jeffries, KF7WIS
    CEO, QRZ.com

2. KI4PW

KI4PW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It figures. I got my vanity call on 2/17--and still no QRZ update. Other folks (Echolink, RadioQTH, etc.) have the change, but not QRZ. A little disappointing, especially since I'm a paid subscriber.

3. W7PEM

W7PEM Ham Member QRZ Page

in the same boat.. adrift without a log.

4. KI4PW

The headline is misleading. Obviously the data is "available." It's in ULS. Hamcall has it, RadioQTH has it.

5. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Hamdata and AE7Q have current data as well, but there is at least one other place that is not being updated. What issue do ARRL and QRZ have that nobody else does? I would like a better explanation.
    http://www.arrl.org/fcc-license-counts

6. N5MKY

N5MKY Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, it seems to be that QRZ and ARRL are not receiving the data updates as all other lookup services seem to have the updates. I work a few NTS nets and we move traffic congratulating new hams and license upgrades from the usual suspects who originate that traffic. and they seem to be getting the data. When I receive the traffic I usually double-check the addresses and have had to either ULS, hamcall or HamQTH since new licenses are not showing up on QRZ.

Hopefully the admin for the this forum will note this and notify the proper persons at QRZ of this problem.

7. N1ESE

N1ESE Ham Member QRZ Page

Respectfully, I disagree. It appears to be a QRZ problem. My address change was processed by the FCC on 2/16 and all other databases show the change, all except QRZ and ARRL. Could there be a slight change in the data dump format that the QRZ database can't process? It just seems odd that other online databases have the data so I find it hard to believe it is NOT a QRZ problem.

8. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I an currently manually processing the missing data from the last couple days.

We made contact with someone at the FCC yesterday and were informed that data we use has been moved. Unfortunately the new data source is not entirely compatible with our existing processing mechanism. We are working on the needed changes to get the automated system working again. In the meantime daily updates will still be processed but likely later in the day than normal.

tldr; fcc moved the data and didn't tell us, new location has angry looking dogs, need to buy dog biscuits before we can process the data automatically again

KA9JLM, W7PEM, WB0AL and 2 others like this.
  9. KI4PW

Many thanks for taking care of that. Happy to see my vanity call up on QRZ!

W7PEM likes this.
  10. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page