FCC 5/G Plan

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K0KUZ, Feb 1, 2017.

ad: L-MFJ
  1. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking at the meters deployed here in the Dallas Ft Worth area with a spectrum analyzer, the Oncor distribution system, our meters (Landys and Gear brand) are *constantly* 'chatting' and transmitting data. I used a small log periodic antenna directed at *my* specific meter, so I could verify whether it was my meter's (or one of my neighbor's much weaker) signals.

2. K0KUZ

K0KUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

James; (WB5WPA)

Imagine the amount of rf emitted collectively at apartment complexes with numerous s-meters grouped together in close proximity to each other on a single wall of each building.

3. WB5WPA

WB5WPA Ham Member QRZ Page

K0KUZ, it gives new meaning to the term "Hot spot."

4. K0KUZ

James;(WB5WPA)

You got that right.

don/k0kuz

ZUT

5. K0KUZ

6. W6RZ

W6RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K0KUZ

Ronald W6RZ;

Thanks for the link, had not seen that one as yet.

I found this quote interesting and what really got me interested in researching s-meters:

And incredulously, even former CIA Director David Patraeus boasted (in Wired, March 2012) that government will be routinely spying on through their “smart” appliances[13]. Thus, with CISPA’s focus on legalizing private data transfer deals for corporations to government agencies, the primary motivation behind the push for such legislation starts to become clear.[14]

[​IMG]And not only would every detail of your life be tracked, but your access to electricity would be totally controlled: your appliances or entire home could be shut down at any time – without notice – by any utility, or government agency, or as another former CIA director James Woolsey stated, “a hacker on a cellphone in China.”[15]

8. K0KUZ

http://www.theecologist.org/campaig...m_pulsed_em_radiation_our_health_at_risk.html

don/k0kuz

ZUT

9. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

In my favor... so I'm not sayin' a word about it! :) My electric bill had never been below $200 before the smart meter was put in. Now it's around the $140-150 range, and that includes the $22 for the street light.

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

10. K0KUZ

Doug; KD4MOJ

Now that is good news. I hope that trend continues for you.