ad: GNOHF-1

FCC 5/G Plan

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K0KUZ, Feb 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-3
  1. K0KUZ

K0KUZ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

It is all pure BS and really belongs on the "Political" forum where it can be torn apart with relish.
    I am just one of several on QRZ who has actual experience with that type of gear in the US and Europe where it has been in use for decades.

Thanks for posting it and now we must band together to destroy those sort of Looney Liberal Liars.

Moderators please move this to Political

Thanks

Carl

K1ZJH, K0WJ, AD5KO and 1 other person like this.
  3. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree it's tin foil hat hogwash. The article is so full of outlandish assertions I wouldn't know where to start on a rebuttal, if I was inclined to waste my time. It's like people who have irrational fear of vaccination - no amount of discussion or scientific data will help since it's pure fear for them, and they will latch onto anything which they think validates the fear and ignore everything else (the logical error of confirmation bias.)

I have a relative (unfortunately) with some issues and one of her milder ones is a fear of the "radiation" from a microwave oven. I once tried to explain that the oven actually uses radio waves and they are well contained inside the oven, can't escape to hurt her, and aren't anything like nuclear radiation. It was like talking to a rock and she finally said "I don't care it just scares me!"

N8EKT and WD4IGX like this.
  4. W6RZ

W6RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I won't comment on the RF exposure part, but the Senate bills are real. In order for 5G to work at millimeter frequencies, you need a very dense network. This means putting nodes on phone poles. RF exposure concerns or not, this will be upsetting for many.

This is what a phone pole node looks like. This picture was taken from my front yard here in Silicon Valley. It's actually a 700 MHz 4G LTE node, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

NL7W and KK4CCA like this.
  5. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

IMO, and this isn't a p*litical commentary, the pole in the foreground is leaning a little to the right. ;)
    From the other side, it may appear to lean a little to the left. ;)

W3ATV, NL7W, KK4CCA and 6 others like this.
  6. K0KUZ

Well, yes, aesthetically pleasing for sure_NOT.
    Follow the money to see who is behind this.
    Health hazards and surveillance are an all together different can of worms. WiFry our bodies?

7. W6RZ

W6RZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's just an effect from the camera lens. It's fine in real life. Not exactly straight, but not as bad as that picture depicts it.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  8. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

The people complaining about this probably have a cell phone glued to their ear, and drive a car with a hot spot, bluetooth and a wireless remote with pushbutton start. Not to mention several cordless phones at the house.

KK3Q, N8EKT, K3XR and 1 other person like this.
  9. K0KUZ

I am certain that the folks that are aware of the possible health dangers of EMI are certainly very cautious with the use of cell phones, avoid WIFRY and smart meters, among other sources of microwave rf energy as much as possible. Might be wise to read your cell phone use booklet that came with your cell phone, which lists a warning about its use.

10. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait - you can have that mess but I can't have a simple yagi? That's just wrong! :p

KK4CCA and KB3ZYN like this.