Favorite / Saved Search?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by N1UXA, May 30, 2019.

?

Want to see saved searches w/ notification here on QRZ? Maybe a perk for premimum subscribers?

1. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - for everybody!

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Yes - Premimum Subscription Perk

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. N1UXA

N1UXA Ham Member QRZ Page

On eBay, when I search for something,( i.e. Heathkit HW-101), I can save that search and anytime a listing comes up for a Heathkit HW-101, I receive an email.
    I know this is NOT eBay, (thank goodness!), but is there any way I can do that here!
    That would be awesome...…………….

73, Tom - N1UXA HW-101.jpg

2. N2PQW

N2PQW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, Tom, at least SAVING the search is pretty easy, if not the automatic notification. Here's the solution I use:

When one is logged-in, and performs a search, the search creates a unique URL in the address field of the browser. This URL contains all of your search arguments, including any filters you have created (date posted, exclusions, etc.)
    (Example:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?search/98406700/&q=atas-120a&o=date&c[node]=7

I simply create a Folder in my browser bookmarks called SEARCHES, and drag the shortcut of that unique URL to the folder.
    Next time I want to search for the same items, I just launch the bookmarks.
    Obviously, there is nothing "automatic" about this other than my own routine, but it's pretty effective.

Cheers,
    David / N2PQW

K7MH likes this.