ad: elecraft

Faulty??? Funcube pro+

Discussion in 'Software Defined Radio (SDR)' started by CAMERART, Jun 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi K
    Just come across the 'Where did I read that' site.
    Here is the link: http://www.funcubedongle.com/?p=1425
    I followed the instructions and now the Funcube is highlighted, but doesn't open in the APPs, so a move forward, but not quite there yet.
    C.

KA9JLM likes this.
  2. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been following this thread to see if you achieve a positive outcome as the FunCube was my first dive into SDR dongles. I went to the link and casually read thru it. My first thought was repeat the described process. Frequently in troubleshooting hardware a second problem is masked until the first is corrected. I can't say this is the case here, but the author of the article does comment that Zadig does not have a clean uninstall.
    Good Luck!

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is not really installed. It is a .EXE that sets the driver up automagiclly.

You just delete the device in device manager and start over.

4. KE5MC

KE5MC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Don,
    It still has made changes and maybe uninstall is misleading. I’m suggesting one pass thru the linked procedure might not clear all the changes. In this case just deleting and starting over at the device manager does not seem to be working. Article’s author saids, it’s overriding system drivers. I take that to mean affecting areas outside of just funcube entries. Evident by the steps at the cmd prompt to follow. I don’t recall the OP’s operating system without going back thru all the thread. Only recently upgraded to Win10 and know drivers can be a nightmare especially if not digitally signed. So far my various external radio devices are playing well with Win10.

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

True that.

It looks like the Funcube drivers are not signed. I guess they did not want to pay MS for a blessing.

6. W5PFG

W5PFG Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are installing special drivers in Windows 7 or Windows 10 to make a FUNcube Dongle Pro + work, you're doing something wrong.

I seem to recall it even working in Windows XP plug-n-play without any additional or special drivers but I have the least experience using this dongle with that OS.

One of the strongest benefits of this device is it's simplicity of interaction with the OS as a sound card using default drivers.

7. CAMERART

CAMERART QRZ Member

Hi W,
    It appears that, as you say, the Funcube has it's own drivers, and tha habit of always using Zadig, confuses the system, making the Funcube not work.

Having tried clearing the drivers in 'device manager' with the Funcube plugged in, then re-booting. It seems as though the system simply puts the 'cleared'driver back in, so the Funcube fails again.

It was only after going through the 'linked' routine, that it mow works again.

Zadig can be used to add other SDR dongles afterwards.

C.