ad: M2Ant-1

Fast Simple inexpensive way for 10 M ops

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AB8RU, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

OK if you are lucky and own a 40 CH Cb with SSB as well AM the mod is simple and all you need is a calculator and normally newer rigs ran a crystal around 10
    .240 Mhz. with some simple math you can mod a cb to 10 M. and do it legally If you are not going to miss 11M. you are not able to run a combo or a switch job FCC will tell you that it will not be a thing to legaly to do unless you are donating money to the US govt .

[​IMG]

2. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'M SO EXCITED i JUST CRAPPED MY PANTS!

3. W0IKZ

W0IKZ Ham Member QRZ Page

The only problem that I had was that I was "rock" bound to one freq on the rec side. Otherwise it did work. That was when ten was wide open and the 5 watt rig did just fine. And the techs didn't have access yet. The 3 el beam also helped a lot. Add jn the fact that I was located in North Dakota and considered "rare DX" hi hi
    No matter what you use , get on the band and it'll come back to life.

4. KE6LYU

KE6LYU Ham Member QRZ Page

There are many "yard sale cb rigs" that can modified to work 10. For most of the popular SSB models, the instructions for doing so are easly found on the net.
    For anyone who is just geting started on 10 meters, this is a great way to get on the band if you are on a budget. Same deal for Antennas, almost any of the popular CB antennas, with minor retuning, will work fine. A 3 El beam can be had for less than $150 And when 10 is open, 10/15 watts on SSB with that yagi will work some DX.
    Not a bad deal for a starter station.

KE6LYU

5. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it looks like there are going to be a lot of Butchered CB Radios around.

6. N1JBS

N1JBS Ham Member QRZ Page

Are your sure you didnt "trap your pants" with "trapped antennas"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.