ad: w5yi

Fast delivery, I think...

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KE0ZU, Jun 8, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read several discussions regarding non/slow delivery of radios, and expected the same. I ordered an ICOM 7300 from DX engineering on May 20 and was given a Jun 23 delivery time frame. Got it yesterday June 7, two weeks earlier than estimated. Maybe this was a fluke, or its the begining of the end of the "big delay". Which ever it is, I'm pleased, and thanks to all those that made it happen.

K0UO, N5AL and W4IOA like this.
  2. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations! You'll love it!

As for the delays, DXE and HRO too are very good about getting stuff to you in a hurry. When they have it...there's the rub. :(

K0UO likes this.
  3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Good for DXE!

Better to "underpromise and overdeliver" than the other way around.

K0UO, N3AWS and WD0BCT like this.
  4. W7HV

W7HV Ham Member QRZ Page

These dealers show on their sites if they have any in stock. And if they do, and you get it before somebody else does, you'll have it in a few days. If it's not in stock, you get put in the queue for when they receive more from the manufacturer. All they can do is tell you what the mfr told them about when they'll get more...and fudge a few days in hopes that they beat expectations. If the mfr fudges a few days, and they dealer fudges a few days, they'll almost always beat expectations.

5. W5OXL

W5OXL Ham Member QRZ Page

While it was a year ago, I ordered an IC-9700 from DXE on June 13th with an expected delivery date in early July. It was in my hands 5 days later on the 18th. I do think that they like to give the worst case delivery date and then if they can beat it as W7HV said.

N3AWS likes this.
  6. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I ordered a telescoping mast from DX Eng on a Friday and it was on my doorstep the next day.
    It was only across the state, but I was still very impressed!

K0UO and N3AWS like this.
  7. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm in VA and have received stuff from them the next day or the day after. They have excellent service. I generally go to HRO first because they're local, but if HRO doesn't have it, DXE is my next stop.

Chris

K0UO likes this.
  8. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I try to give love to different vendors, as an appliance operator I buy most of what I need for the hobby so plenty of opportunities. HRO is awesome for anything shipping from Plano as ground is often next day. Gigaparts has some the best prices on certain radios at times which is why I ordered my FTM-3200DR from them last year. I have ordered from smaller vendors too like Quicksilver radio and they were fast and great.

With all that said, DX Engineering, with their association with Summit Racing, they have a fantastic logistics operation. Even stuff they don't have in stock usually comes pretty darn fast. I often joke that my purchases are funding the K3LR station, but they really do have a good operation and hey K3LR is always great to get in the logbook!

As for the IC-7300, congratulations on the new rig, you will love it. Hope to get you in the logbook!

9. KE0ZU

KE0ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the comments guys. I had a chance to play with one a few weeks ago at work and was impressed with how "straight forward" the interface was. This is the first new radio since I bought my FT-990, been a while.

N3AWS likes this.
  10. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

I got fast service and delivery from DXE when I ordered my IC7300 It came 3 days later !
    Last new HF rig I bought was back in 1974, a Kenwood TS520, at a local ham radio dealer in The Detroit area. I just paid for it and brought it home with me !

N3AWS likes this.