ad: w5yi

FARC rebels and QRP

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by KC7JNJ, Jul 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KM4DYX

KM4DYX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the antenna article; that answers that.

Al

2. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

One more photo, there is a place they turning an old FARC camp into a museum and tourist stop. The museum part they have this radio gear. Looks like the zipcord antenna is it. The 817 looks cleaner then mine.
    [​IMG]

3. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yaesu HT’s also field tested by the late Osama bin Laden at Tora Bora.

4. KC3JIN

KC3JIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome. Also check out that Midland(?) Frs(?) HT.. imagine running a revolution solely on what you can get on Amazon.

5. K8AI

K8AI Ham Member QRZ Page

They could really use a bunch of Bowfangs, let's all ship them some.

6. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

A lot of people, actually. The French Resistance comes to mind. (I worked VE7SL using his version of a Paraset last fall; 7 W out at 7120 kHz; Maynard Island, BC, to NJ!)

More about low-power HF field comms closer to home, including schematics and pix, are ours for the reading in the excellent and enjoyable historical work Radio for the Fireline (https://foresthistory.org/research-.../general-publications/radio-for-the-fireline/. Initial common usage of those earlier transceivers was just below the amateur 80-meter band. A designer/builder who plays a strong role in the story is one Logan Belleville, who I think was both ham-licensed and went on to co-found Tektronix.

KC7JNJ likes this.
  7. KC7JNJ

KC7JNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be fun to play with a Paraset. I have been reading the fireline this morning. Tnx for the info.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Coming soon to a shack near you... :eek: