ad: UR5CDX-1

Fair Lawn Amateur Radio Club Invites To Participate To "Vintage N

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WX2R, Aug 11, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WX2R

WX2R Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Last year The Fair Lawn Amateur Radio Club reconstructed the club’s original 1961 Novice station equipment, which actually dated from the mid-1950’s.

This year, FLARC will feature a typical Novice station from the early to mid 1960’s and make it again active on the air.

Our transmitter will be a Heathkit DX-60, with a Heathkit HG-10 VFO. We may also operate on crystal control. The receiver will be a Drake 2B, with matching 2BQ Q-Multiplier/Speaker. Don’t know what a “Q Multiplier” is? Find out at our Vintage Night.

The club is hoping that you would like to work us using this vintage station. Look for us starting in the 7 PM local time on 40 meter CW around 7.030 to 7.035. We will be using our club call…W2NPT.

We will be on 80 meter CW from approximately 7:30 local time to sometime past 8:00, around 3.550 to 3.560 (QRP stations take note).

Then, we will switch to 75 meters, and operate on AM phone around the usual “AM watering hole” between 3.880 and 3.885, but possibly lower in the 3.800 range. The DX-60 is expected to put out about 40 watts in AM mode.

Those working W2NPT please QSL via QRZ.com. All stations worked will receive a special certificate under separate cover. No additional postage required.

Want to see the station in action? The actual event will be held at the Fair Lawn Senior Center, 11-05 Gardiner Road in Fair Lawn beginning Friday, August 16th at 7PM. Refreshments will be served.

For more information, please visit the club's website at www.fairlawnarc.org or call 201-791-3841.

###
    Logo in black.jpg Logo in black.jpg

2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

And on what date will this event be held?

3. KA2IRQ

KA2IRQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck! Hope to work you. Fondly remember my DX-60B, although mine was second hand from the 1970's and 80's. Still have it and hope to restore it in the next year or two.

4. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

The Fair Lawn newsletter (link) says "August 16, 2019 FLARC Vintage Night II" as does the second to last paragraph in the OP. That's this coming Friday evening.

KE4OH likes this.
  5. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I shall be QRV if at all possible.

6. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ha! I need to put on my specs!! Thanks.