Eznec Question

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by K5WZI, Jul 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K5WZI

K5WZI Ham Member QRZ Page

In Eznec is the distance between parallel wires measured center to center or edge to edge?

2. WA7ARK

WA7ARK Ham Member QRZ Page

Wires are defined by the coordinates of the wire centers.

You should read the "Closely Spaced Wires" and "Other Wire Considerations" topics in the "Help" file.

3. K5WZI

K5WZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, I'll look it up.

4. UA3TW

UA3TW Ham Member QRZ Page

Gonna order EZNEC v.6 (100) or EZNEC v.6+ (150) What's the difference, please? Worth it?

5. AC6LA

AC6LA Ham Member QRZ Page

See the 5th question, about half-way down the page, here.

Is it worth it? If you go with the standard version you may regret the 500 segment limitation and the lack of a double-precision engine. And a year or two from now, will you even remember or care about the initial cost difference? :)

Dan, AC6LA

N0TZU likes this.
  6. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Please try 4nec2 first. It's free, and no silly limits on wires and segments, etc.

There is no version of eznec I'd pay anything for. Seriously.

KM1H and KX4O like this.
  7. UA3TW

UA3TW Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, Dan. I'm using v.4 currently. The only thing I lack there is Hybrid Coupler option. Someone gonna make me a gift, bying v.6 and asks me what version to order. Let it be v.6+ then
    As for 4nec2 I have one and use it but do not like the interface. Got blunders many a time.

N0TZU likes this.
  8. WA7ARK

And no guidance of the pitfalls of incorrectly segmenting wires and structuring your models. It is easy to generate beautiful plots of badly constructed models in 4nec2.

If you follow Lewellen's and Cebik's guidance distilled into the EzNec help and error checking, you will get a model that better matches the real antenna after you build it.

N0TZU likes this.
  9. AI3V

AI3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Fixed your post for you.

:)

Rege

KX4O likes this.
  10. WA7ARK

No Rege, not everybody is as cheap as you. You get what you pay for...